Gibson Brands Forums

Do Dreams Come True?

daveinspain

Last night I had a big dinner party at my house. A girl I knew from work came with her husband, they both sing... By the end of the night several people had gathered round the piano and were doing sing a longs. Later I took Sonia and here husband into my studio to show them a couple of my guitars. Actually they wanted to see the Robot guitar that another mutual friend had told them about.

To make a long story short when I demonstrated the Robot to them they asked me if I wanted to go over to their place this coming Thursday and play with their group....?? I told them I've only been playing a couple of years and was not that good but they insisted... Sonia showed me one of the tunes they do, which was very simple, and felt confident I could easily fit in. She also told me not to worry it's just a bunch of friends that get together to jam and play a pub every now and then.

I'm gonna do it! I'm still pinching myself because I never thought I'd find anyone who wanted to put up with a 50+ something year old guy who is more or less a beginner at guitar. Maybe they just liked my Robot guitar... [biggrin]. Anyway I'm going over to jam this Thursday night, I'll let you know if they want me to come back....

Hi Dave

This is awesome news!!, it is amazing how opportunities can come up like this. I am really pleased for you[cool] The GOR as well as being a kick *** axe is a good luck talisman.[biggrin]

By the way Dave I am going to be in Alicante in February, is that too far away?

Cheers

Matt

Hi Dave

This is awesome news!!' date=' it is amazing how opportunities can come up like this. I am really pleased for you[cool'] The GOR as well as being a kick *** axe is a good luck talisman.[biggrin]

By the way Dave I am going to be in Alicante in February, is that too far away?

Cheers

Matt

Thanks Matt... Actually now that I think of it I know it's not the robot guitar they are interested in because they told me to come with my acoustic....[blink]

Alicante is not far from me about an hours drive... Are you doing a gig there?

Great news Dave. That is the most rewarding part of playing guitar IMO. It doesn't have to be great music. I would rather play 3 chord songs on an old POS with some freinds than play by myself on the best equipment. Plus, if it turns into a regular or even semi-regular thing, it gives you something to look forward to as the week goes on.

Have a great time.

Great news Dave. That is the most rewarding part of playing guitar IMO. It doesn't have to be great music. I would rather play 3 chord songs on an old POS with some freinds than play by myself on the best equipment. Plus' date=' if it turns into a regular or even semi-regular thing, it gives you something to look forward to as the week goes on.

Have a great time. [/quote']

Thanks man... That's what I'm thinking, if I can actually play with other musician once a week, learning tunes and jamming it's going to help me immensely.

It's amazing the twists and turns a thread will take from start to finish... Tim's wife is married to two men? AXE® has three balls? dem00n is a 14 year old virgin?

I know that only one of the above statements is true....

And next year, NONE of the above statements will be true.

(There's a straight line for somebody....)

Hey Dave...

The especially good thing about pickin' with others is timing. Well - what's even better, most of the time anyway, is the the fun of pickin' and grinnin' with other folks and being part of it.

But yah shouldn't make yourself sound "old." Good grief, a kid of 50-something? A mere child.

<chortle>

m

Archived