Gibson Brands Forums

Hippo Birdy to me

Cruznolfart

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cruzn...

Truly, may your birthday be happy, kid.

Maybe some day you'll make it to my age. <chortle schnarf> At least, I certainly hope so. And may the rheumatiz not hit your pickin' joints, either. The other joints you can take care of on your own and ... yeah, I'm quite aware of potential double meanings even though I prefer Scotch. <col (that's "chuckle out loud")> I'll tip one to you this evening, in fact.

m

Hey, thanks guys! I do appreciate the good wishes AND the incredible sacrifices being made by some of you on my behalf. [laugh] I have so far spent the day relaxing and serenading the chickens with some old standards on the acoustic. They seem to enjoy "Will the Circle be Unbroken" best of all.

Oh...and it's a Happy New Banjo Day, too! My first. Kinda purty for an entry-level instrument. I kinda wondered why the strings were so close together and down on the deck 'till I found the bridge in the little plastic bag in the case. duuuhhh [biggrin]

P_2717_L00.jpg

Thanks again, all, and have a great day/evening!

Matt....

U B bad! <grin>

Well' date=' perhaps I started it by referencing tipping one myself. But notice I said "one."

m

[/quote']

I will be an awkward and loud drunkard husband and continually pinch our friend Barbara's *** who is coming around and then blame it on the drink tomorrow morning LMAO

I like to be bad sometimes [biggrin][laugh]

By the way Cruz, still recovering from the awe inspiring Steve Martin gig last week I am drooling over your banjo!!

Matt

Yeah, I'd say happy banjo day too!

Way nicer than my old clunker from the 70s. Now you've gotta get one of those side-rail fifth string capo jobbies. <grin> They're not fun to put on, but they surely make pickin' easier.

Hmmmm. Ain't played mine in years.

Gonna frail or fingerpick?

m

Archived