Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J-45 TV Red Spruce

jchabalk

There's one on clearance at the San Jose Guitar Center (Stevens Creek) for $2k.

It's got some marks on it as any guitar does that sits in the guitar center for too long but it plays great. It's different than others i've seen there. The fret board is a lighter wood than the neck which immediately looks a little strange to me but after a minute didn't bother me at all. It also has a custom shop logo on the rear of the headstock which i haven't seen on those guitars before.

Anyway, it's there and it's great; if anyone wants it i bet they'd cut you even more of a deal given the light marks on it.

yes, it's basically that guitar. although this one has a "custom shop" logo on the back of the headstock. I have a J-45 TV Adi Top and this one at the guitar center feels and sounds just like mine. It's a super nice guitar and at $2k it's a pretty good deal

Actually, I think I played this one, which was on clearance at GC for $2K.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-J-45-Antiqued-Acoustic-Guitar-with-Red-Spruce-Top-104767447-i1390249.gc

It had a hazy look to the finish, and strangely, had no label inside the sound hole. It sounded great and the action and set-up was really good. I think it sounded mellower and smoother, and possibly deeper than my J-45. I'm thinking to take mine there to A/B them.

Archived