Gibson Brands Forums

A feature to add into the Historic Line.

Andre S

It was present when the original guitars came out.

It would make historics even more popular,

the.........price!

wouldn't it be wonderful if Gibson decided to sell them for the same price as the originals when they were new?

ahhh...keep dreaming...lol

It was present when the original guitars came out.

It would make historics even more popular' date='

the.........price!

wouldn't it be wonderful if Gibson decided to sell them for the same price as the originals when they were new?

ahhh...keep dreaming...lol[/quote']

Brilliant!

Man...How great would that be? I could finally get me an R9...or two...

Just for grins 'n' giggles, in 1968 I worked for Ma Bell in San Francisco. I was a PBX repairman just starting out at $92.50/WEEK. My first raise was one dollar...per week. I bought a used 1967 Chevelle Malibu for $2000.00. I rented a unfurnished, one bedroom apartment for $90.00/mo. Gas was about 25 cents/gallon.

I wish gibson would make them like they did in 1959, with slight differences per different guitar, but with the right ingrediants like hide glue, inlay material and texture, a deeper top carve, correct positioning of tailpiece/knob positioning, real nitro finishing, analine (analyne?) dyes, correct plastic color and texture, the right font on the knobs, tuners that would dry and crackle,, wood that was air dried as opposed to kiln dried.............

yea, all the right things that made the late 50s the magical time for guitars

I wish gibson would make them like they did in 1959' date=' with slight differences per different guitar, but with the right ingrediants like hide glue, inlay material and texture, a deeper top carve, correct positioning of tailpiece/knob positioning, real nitro finishing, analine (analyne?) dyes, correct plastic color and texture, the right font on the knobs, tuners that would dry and crackle,, wood that was air dried as opposed to kiln dried.............

yea, all the right things that made the late 50s the magical time for guitars[/quote']

Yea that would be great...sigh...

I wish gibson would make them like they did in 1959' date=' with slight differences per different guitar, but with the right ingrediants like hide glue, inlay material and texture, a deeper top carve, correct positioning of tailpiece/knob positioning, real nitro finishing, analine (analyne?) dyes, correct plastic color and texture, the right font on the knobs, tuners that would dry and crackle,, wood that was air dried as opposed to kiln dried.............

yea, all the right things that made the late 50s the magical time for guitars[/quote']

Le'see...I think it was probably sometime in the 80's or 90's that the late 50's gained the rep as the "magical time" for guitars. I started playing out in '62, I played with a few guys who had late 50, early 60 stuff and not ONE of them talked about it as if it were magical. Makes me wonder if my '62 Ludwigs are magic tubs now...[biggrin]

Archived