Gibson Brands Forums

Freaking Cables.

Andre S

I know what you mean' date=' but here is my thing

You said you have a 20 ft. cable correct? then that would be plenty that would just be on the floor, I don't know how I would trip over it, but like I said before, look down at it. You won't look cool being cautious, but you will look less cool on the floor :-

Your choice bud, I play with a 10 ft. or 20 ft. cable and I do walk out in front of my amp about 5 feet or so when I practice or whatnot. I don't see an issue with it, I have seen many problems with wireless systems, especially with wireless internet or any wireless connections, the signals get crossed and create tons of static. It is all a trade off, I feel that until there are some major advancements in wireless technology that makes it cheaper and more efficient, I will stick with cables, tried and true.

Words of Wisdom by a fellow on the internet[/quote']

I'd check out the wireless he recommended, but I doubt I would buy it, because there is no need for it. Whilst I may trip on cables, I will continue to use cables, more than likely, or till the need to use wireless arises.

Umm' date=' I don't think that was me.

I remember I asked Neo which he thought was better...I don't recall that particular question....

I don't really care which one is on between Dunlop vs Schaller, for me they are both just as good, once they work I couldn't care which is installed.

And when you say harder to get off, do you mean it was difficult to come off? Because thats definitely not me, I got dunlops...[/quote']

Sorry man I did a search and that wasn't you who had a hard time with the strap locks. My bad.

I would say you need to stop spinning around in circles.

Sorry man I did a search and that wasn't you who had a hard time with the strap locks. My bad.

I would say you need to stop spinning around in circles.

I agree. I admire your passion for guitar. But you seem to be all over the place....modifying your guitar, gasing for a new amp, wireless system, etc. I can't keep up. That's not totally you fault, as I am growing old.

I agree. I admire your passion for guitar. But you seem to be all over the place....modifying your guitar' date=' gasing for a new amp, wireless system, etc. I can't keep up. That's not totally you fault, as I am growing old.[/quote']

Understandable, I do tend to hop from thing to thing, in most things.

Btw, I'm not gassing for a wireless, I just want to understand how you would set it up within a normal rig.

You'd be gassing for a new amp too if you were playing through a Line 6 Spider 3.

Modifying, I love to and that will never change. I will always want to add something more, although I take really long to decide if I should.

I did always want to build my own custom guitar, like Slash's Guild doubleneck.

Understandable' date=' I do tend to hop from thing to thing, in most things.

Btw, I'm not gassing for a wireless, I just want to understand how you would set it up within a normal rig.

You'd be gassing for a new amp too if you were playing through a Line 6 Spider 3.

Modifying, I love to and that will never change. I will always want to add something more, although I take really long to decide if I should.

I did always want to build my own custom guitar, like Slash's Guild doubleneck.[/quote']

Modifying guitars is no fun...modifying amps...that's a different story.

Archived