Gibson Brands Forums

World Wide Forum what are your local or unusual expressions

IMF

Chocolate City, Yeayouright, y'all, wherey'at, it's a marathon not a sprint (how to stay sauced during Mardi Gras), half & half, who dat, wrench ya hands inna zink or else use da hose pipe babe, ersta, berl dem crabs in some erl & wrap em in ferl so dey don't sperl, howsyamommanem, dix pack of sixie, one two tree, I tell you true, Mother's debris, God's Country, The Parish, shrimpin boots (aka Raceland Reeboks, Ycloskey slippers, Golden Meadow Guccis, St. Bernard slip-ons), yerd me, wodie, anybody killa, arra babe, EScuse, skyoo me, why you did dat?, misTA, arrite, whatchoo did dat fuh, HAIRron, dat powder, blunt force trauma.

Although probably the most of you know that one, in Greece we use the word ''malakas'' a lot. I mean... a lot!

By definition, ''malakas'' is the guy the jerks off. But it is used in many other ways as well,not only when you want to offend someone. For example, you call your mates ''malakas''. So, if your mate has a fight with someone else, you can go:

-''Hey malaka, forget about this malaka, let's go find the other malakes and you'll get over it.''

It is so commonly used, that it is the first word that tourists / visitors in Greece learn right from the airport.

You can't find your *** with two hands and a flashlight.

You're clumbsier than a bear cub playing with his ding dong.

As quick as grease owl **** on glass.

It beats a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. (what doesn't?)

There were more ___________ than you could shake a stick at.

These were some I heard in my neck of the woods. OK and AZ USA.

Those sayings have been around since Hector was a pup.

Watch out or I'll knock knots on your head faster'n you can feel 'em with both hands

That'll go over like a turd in a punchbowl

or

That'll go over like a truckload of dead babies on Mother's Day

and on....and on...and on.....

De **** madre = how cool is that?

This only works in Spain where it's a positive statement - here in the southwest where spanish slang is used it means Mother Fu$%r or it reads that - mom is a hooker.

I remember the first time I saw the words on a shirt in Spain I was kinda surprised and it was used as a logo in a lot of places I finally asked someone and they explained what it meant in Spain vs street spanish .

Archived