Gibson Brands Forums

buy guitars in nashville

castergar

Hello, i´m a new menber in this forum , i am from spain, in june i have to go nashville, i want a buy a gibson les paul standard, i don´t know anything about nashville, but if it´s possible somenone to know any shops near there to buy a guitar , please said me if you know, and what the address.

thanks

I would go to Guitar Center in Nashville at the 100 Oaks Mall off of Interstate 65. Ask for Chad Smith and tell him Nancy sent you. He will get you what you want at a great price. He is the only person I buy any guitars from in Nashville TN. Chad will give you great customer service and even after the sale, he will treat you right. Not many sales guys in these music stores around Nashville will do. The phone number to the Guitar Center in Nashville TN is 615-297-7770=d>

This store has a great selection of Gibson Les Pauls both custom shop and USA models. Let me know how you make out at the store and what guitar you bought from Chad.

Hey man! Glad to hear you are coming to Nashvegas!

Try these places:

Gruhn's Guitars

Monday-Saturday

9:30am-5:30pm

615 256-2033

fax 615 255-2021

gruhn@gruhn.com

400 Broadway

Nashville, TN 37203

Could be one of the most famous shops in Nashville.

Gibson Showcase at Opry Mills

161 Opry Mills Drive

Nashville, TN 37214

Phone: 615-514-2200 ext 2231

This is Gibson heaven... Electrics, acoustics, mandilins... dobros.... plan to spend some time and count on sticker shock.

Guitar Center Nashville

721 Thompson Lane

Nashville, Tennessee 37204

Phone: 615-297-7770

Fax: 615-297-7670

Store Hours:

M-F: 10-9 | Sat: 10-8 | Sun: 12-6

The "Walmart" of musical equipment. Very player friendly.

This being Nashville there are many many other places.... let me know if you want more O:)

For clarification... just in case.... I have heard the actual plant on Massman drive no longer offers tours... but the shop at the Gibson Showcase does... it is there you can take the tour and buy that little souvenire..... but plan on spending the afternoon.... LOTS of guitars.

... Southern Women's Show 4/10-4/13

Country Music Marathon 4/26

Iroquois Steeple Chase 5/10

Bonnaroo June

CMA Music Festival 6/5-6/8

If none of these apeal to her, let me know...... hehehehehehe

Hey castergar I live in Nashville the stores to visit are pretty much covered here. The Gibson showcase is expensive, I have never bought a guitar there but the prices are "list" as opposed to "street" also their guitars are played by everybody in town which is cool I go there myself.

The way to go is Guitar Center and Chad is a good guy. One thing to keep in mind is that the Tennessee sales tax is 9.25% just so you know.

I will be out of country from June 6 to the 15 but if you need help let me know. I assume your English is good but if you need translatin I could help...

Hey you Nashvillians,

Isn't there a shop or store that's eaither part of the Gibson factory, or owned by Gibson, called Valley Arts or something like that. I think I've gotten Gibson factory parts from them before.

Anyone have any info on that shop?

The Gibson showcase is expensive' date=' I have never bought a guitar there but the prices are "list" as opposed to "street"

[/quote']

They sell at MSRP or List price to avoid undercutting their dealers.

If you find the perfect guitar, and you you don't mind paying a little extra to get it from the cradle, I say go for it.

How many people can say they got their Gibson FROM GIBSON?

Gruhn's is a must see, after that I don't know.

Any place will be cheaper than the Gibson Showcase though.

The street price for most Gibsons is about 35% off list.

So a $3,000 Gibson will cost you $2,000 at a good dealer.

Aw hell,

With the weak dollar, you should be able to fly across the pond and buy TWO of 'em!!!

Good luck Buddy.

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime!

I bought my guitar at Gibson Showcase and I paid less then I would have at Guitar Center or any other place I looked at previously. Told them what I could buy one for online (had all the websites remembered) and they had to beat that. They also have a better selection then what I have seen at other guitar stores. Finally they threw in about $75 dollars of free stuff (stringa, strap, polish, etc).

The fact that they have so many and you can pick out the one you want really helps. Guess I will never buy a guitar online as I would want to play them first.

check the Tennessean newspaper classifieds online before you go. At least you used to be able to find some unreal deals in there. Granted its been a few years.

If you go to Gruhn's to buy, take your wallet and be prepared to pay exactly what's on the sticker. I'll never forget ole George for that one.

When I went to the Gibson Showcase at Opry Mills, it was WAY higher than other retails stores.

Have fun and go to Rottiers for me and have a cheeseburger on French bread. I'd kill for that - heck even for a bag of cheese Krystals and some of their fries. Nothing like that up here.

I guess I personally would not pay extra to get my Guitar at the Showcase, it would be cool but say $500 for the cool factor? nah...I live here I guess that changes you mentality a bit. The Gibson Factory is 10 miles away, the headquarters even closer but if you can negotiate the same price at the showcase by all means that is the place to go.

Every time I go to the showcase I see somebody on the phone telling somebody how expensive guitars are there, full on sticker shock, if you do not know before hand it can become a dissapointment instead of a good experience.

Gruhn is a must and Jacks barbecue is a few steps from there, my wife and I go there often.

Rottiers is another favorite spot for dinning, afterwards I used to go to Tower Records and browse their Blues section...now for Krystals I would have to have a few brews before I do that....

Congrats!

I bought my guitar at Gibson Showcase and I paid less then I would have at Guitar Center or any other place I looked at previously.

You're the ONLY person I've ever heard say that!!!

Of course, Guitar Center can be worse than your worst car salesman nightmare.

Not sure that's a valid comparison......

I don't know about the GC's in Tennessee, but in Kansas, Texas and here and Arizona it's like swimming with sharks.

Congrats!

Of course' date=' Guitar Center can be worse than your worst car salesman nightmare.

I don't know about the GC's in Tennessee, but in Kansas, Texas and here and Arizona it's like swimming with sharks. [/quote']

Yep, we talked price back and forth. Pointed them to websites with prices. They say "Well, when you buy online you do not get to play the guitar to check it out first". I say "their online prices are the same as they are in the store" for the website that had retail stores. Then mentioned the sales tax thing, argued over that for awhile. Actually started to walk out when the salesman mentioned thowing in some things. I picked out stuff and we agreed on the final price.

It is funny as when we started to negotiate the price the saleman took me back to the cash register and he pulls out a book. In there are the retail prices and the price they can lower it too. That lowered price was just like the online stores. I saw the sheet for the Custom Shop guitars too. So, yes you can deal at the Showcase if you are, as one person stated "An Educated Consumer".

I feel I did not get ripped-off and I paid the price I was comfortable with.

Congrats!

Of course' date=' Guitar Center can be worse than your worst car salesman nightmare.

I don't know about the GC's in Tennessee, but in Kansas, Texas and here and Arizona it's like swimming with sharks. [/quote']

I told them how much I was willing to pay and they said no problem. They matched my price

Plus they know their product

• 2 weeks later...

thanks very much for your information guys, i´ll tell you when came back from there, finally what was my decission, and where i bought the guitar, but do you think it´s good to buy a guitar in the gibson shop in nashville, becouse you said different version about, it is very expensive or not..................

Hi guys !

I´m planning a trip to Nashville this summer ,too.

I´m also looking for a brand new Gibson Les Pauls and I´m quite confused about your previous replies .

Should I visit the Gibson Showcase first, or is it definitely better to look for it on any other shop but Gibson ?

I always prefer to buy music staff in little shops rather than malls , but the official shops sometimes offer big sales.

Is summer sales time in Nashville?

Thanks you!

Big

By all means see the Gibson Showcase.

For price, I really doubt they would beat a retailer, but I'm only speculating.

Imagine if you were a Gibson dealer in Tennessee (costs alot of money to run a franchise) and you were trying to compete for business with all the other dealers.

Then, you find out Gibson themselves are undercutting your price - how could you sell a guitar THEN?

I would be PISSED and tell Gibson where to stick their franchise.

Of course, they can only advertise a certain price, what they will negotiate in person might be much cheaper.

Still, I don't know why Gibson would slash prices in the company store, doesn't make sense.

Just shop around, do your best.

The guitar shops are already mentioned, so I won't repeat them. Just remember, ALL PRICES ARE NEGOTIABLE no matter where you buy from. Well, except maybe Guitar Center at the moment as they adjust through their new no-haggle price policy. But it's Ok to ask still...

Anyhow, while Gruhn's is not a new Gibson dealer, they are worth stopping in at just the same. If nothing else, they are right on Broadway near alot of other must see locations like the Ryman, and others...

Enjoy your visit...

If your going to Nashville, and you want a unique Gibson that most dealers won't carry and a wide selection. I suggest heading to the Gibson showcase, they will highball and try to sell you at MSRP. Ask them what the best price they can give you is. Tell them to call the factory. When I was there last summer they had almost every GOW in stock, all export only models, all custom models available that day (they need to make a few phone calls), all production models. Just an awesome experience.

If you got a load of money and want to go vintage, go see Gruhn's Guitars downtown. They offer a big selection of vintage instruments, but be fore warned you will rack up quite a bill quickly if you stay too long.

• 2 months later...

Just a little ways out from Nashville proper is World Music. One of the best guitar stores in Nashville.

I try not to go there because I seem to always walk out with more guitar and less money. Everything on the wall is tuned and set up. They have a great range of electric guitars and really nice acoustics. Just my .02 cents...that I don't have because I spent it there!

http://www.worldmusicnashville.com/

Archived