Gibson Brands Forums

Do guitars sound better played in the early morning?

onewilyfool

I've been getting up early these days' date=' and grabbing my old guitar from next to the bed to play a few songs, and dang, if the guitars don't sound better in the early morning than any other time???? Rested ears, less worldly noise???? What could it be????[/quote']

I wouldn't know. I barely have the motor skills to work a tooth brush first thing in the morning.

I always sound and play better first thing in the morning. I think it's because as the day progresses, my mind begins racing and my stress level increases. Mind you, I have nothing to be stressed about but we all have our thresholds and obviously mine is lower than most. So first thing in the morning I'm not so wound up and can actually relax and just make some music without all kinds of crap piled up in my brain.

could be several things. i would say that lack of ear fatigue from the day has a lot to do with it. also, i believe dry guitars sound better. have you been running the heat more at night than during the day? that could dry them out and help explain some of it too.

I used to grab the guitar every morning while having my morning coffee, but I found that I was always late for work so I had to stop. You know how it goes..... 3 minutes = 3 hours when the guitar is in your lap. I'd be sitting there in my jammies with the guitar, and 5 minutes to get to work! When I win the lottery tho' I'll be playing in the morning [biggrin]

Yeah I love playing in my jammies in the morning. However it does cause me to be late for work so I try to resist the temptation.

I'd love to play more regularly in the mornings because I feel fresher, more relaxed and I can concentrate better. I seem to hear the guitar better. Also I find that I'm more creative and do things that I would never think to do later in the day.

Someday.........

I agree. For all the reasons already mentioned. I get up early everyday of the week. But on the weekends, usually Sunday, there's nothin' better than a fresh pot of coffee brewing and an acoustic in my lap. Tune up, pour a cup, outside for a cig, (I know a terrible habit I'm trying to quit) and play until the wife gets up and we go to church or she puts me to work.

I would say that it depends of the morning.

For me and my guitars there are som mornings when they sound human killing good.

Some mornings M-R GIBS rocks.

Here is the time to say that my voice sounds good in the morning. Have no problems. Just have to sing not so high. My voice is wakin' up very fast.

I have noticed that M-R GIBS sounds particullary good some humid mornings when it is raining or when there is a fog, but not when it is cold.

I am not agree that guitars sound better when you drink. Well after a glas of vine may be it is good, but when I am drunk I can not play well. I can not concentrate.

I love to wake up in the morning and to grab a guitar and play & sing. This is making my day.

Archived