Gibson Brands Forums

Who says Paul McCartney is hack...

Basshole

You are correct sir. Plus many others like the sizzling solo on SGT.Peppers Good Morning Good Morning. He is one of musics most amazing musicians/ singers and one of a handful that often plays every instrument on every track of his albums. (Stevie Wonder and Todd Rundgren being the only others I can think of at the moment)

Here he is live this past august playing his les paul. At 4 min. he starts jammin pretty good for a bass player.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

You are correct sir. Plus many others like the sizzling solo on SGT.Peppers Good Morning Good Morning. He is one of musics most amazing musicians/ singers and one of a handful that often plays every instrument on every track of his albums. (Stevie Wonder and Todd Rundgren being the only others I can think of at the moment)

Lenny Kravitz also comes to mind.

Nah....they ALL had talent, and probably more so, than most of us, realize...IMHO.

You don't achieve all they did, being untalented. Paul may have been the most

instrumentally talented, although George was too. John certainly contributed as

much, in song writing, and his awesome "Rhythm" playing, and as one of "Rock's"

more interesting vocalists, as well. They were just an awesome band! None

were (seemingly) as good alone, as they were collectively. But, even that's open

for debate.

CB

Paul is great, have to admit he can do it all. On John, his rhythms sounded like words in many songs. He once said in an interview it could be said that he is underrated on the guitar, as he can make it sing and sound out almost any words - or something to that effect. I would have to agree. Paul many times helped Ringo with fills or lead him in the direction to let Ringo do his thing. A great drummer for the times IMO. To this day Paul's bass lines (a lead bass style as we called it back in the day) still rock and are great fun to listen to and play. George was held back by the Beatles for sure. "Something" attests to that.

The way the group tied harmonies and melodies to even the most complex songs was pure genius. Together they were the stuff most today, in some form or fashion, are made of. The early easy stuff was what we apparently were all waiting for back then. It only took a few years and rock n roll blew the top off the world. Nothing was ever the same again. They definitely did their share to lead the way and open a lot of doors.

Glad to have been there and lived through all of it. Now...this rap is killing me. It ain't right. I should have died many times before rap - but it is the rap that is gonna get me in the end? It just isn't right.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love....you make." Where is the love?

Archived