Gibson Brands Forums

Silverbursts

silv8r8urst

Hello, I have a 1988 Silverburst Showcase Edition Les Paul. It would be cool to meet some people who have this same guitar and see pictures of them. There were only 200 made 20 years ago. I almost made a mistake recently in trying to sell it to buy a brand new silverburst custom. I would love the custom, but it seems like they are making so many of them that they will almost be always available. I cant even find a available 88 showcase silverburst anywhere. So i made up my mind to keep it and i even appreciate it more. So it would be cool to see pictures and hear from other silverburst owners.....

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello' date=' Im new to this forum. I have a 1988 Silverburst Showcase Edition Les Paul. It would be cool to meet some people who have this same guitar and see pictures of them. There were only 200 made 20 years ago. I almost made a mistake recently in trying to sell it to buy a brand new silverburst custom. I would love the custom, but it seems like they are making so many of them that they will almost be always available. I cant even find a available 88 showcase silverburst anywhere. So i made up my mind to keep it and i even appreciate it more. So it would be cool to see and here from other silverburst owners.....[/quote']

Hi Silv8rBurst and Welcome to the Forum...

Can we see some pictures please????

Welcome! Nice axe! I just got the GOW week 16 Les Paul custom classic silverburst, and I love it!

Does your showcase edition have the silver burst around the outside edge and back etc like the custom, or is it just the top?

I didn't buy the silverburst custom because the GOW blew it away, both for playability and sound!! I also like the fact that they only made a maximum of 400...

Nice move to decide to keep it!

I can't add pics due to location... here's a link to the gibson specs:

http://www.gibson.com/jp%2Djp/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitar%20of%20the%20Week/LP%20Classic%20Custom%20Silverburst/

What I love about the burst is that it follows the body line, and not the tear drop like yours, no offense of course, it's a little different that way... (that pic on the gibson website does not do it justice) doesn't have the silver on the back and edges either...

No way I'm staying out of a silverburst thread!

I didn't buy the silverburst custom because the GOW blew it away' date=' both for playability and sound!! [/quote']

I don't know about that...them's fight'n words...=D>

I looked at one of those GOTW silvers, but it wasn't for me. They look sweet, but resemble the Epi silverbursts too much. I'm not here to rip on your guitar or anything. I love the silvers. Sound wise, there was no comparison...maybe it was just that particular GOTW I played, but no comparison.

This thing's by far the best LP I've played. I'm not just saying that because I own it, and it has nothing to do with the colour. The colour and the little extras you get with a Custom are just icing on the cake. There's no substitute for a Custom.

I sold a few old amps a while ago. I let some old guy play it because he was ripping on new Gibsons, saying they're cheaply made nowadays. After he played it, he asked if I was selling the Custom...what does that tell you...

Picture024-1.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

I don't know about that...them's fight'n words...Angel

LOL... I guess a sword fight is in order then, we live pretty close to one another!!

I know that you aren't knocking me, it's all subjective... I've had the same comments regarding selling etc. When I told them $10G they got the picture... I have an SG special faded that is the same way, and there is a '59 VOS that has that same spine tingling tone for sale in stratford... When the wife even notices the drastic difference between what are supposedly the same guitars, you know you have a winner!!

I am jealous of the silver streak down the back of the neck though... My Epiphone clone made by Gibson doesn't have that#-o !!!

Welcome to the fourm silv8r8urst. There are some pretty lovely looking S'bursts in these pages!

Does anyone one have a Silver Anniversary Marshall Stack to play through? That would be the ultimate silver experience! I saw one for sale back in 1990 in Bristol, UK and didn't have the cash or the means of transport to get it home. Oh, for a time machine!

i have to say, im very glad that i made this thread. i love seeing all the different silverbursts. I would love to own a beautiful 2007 custom, but the only way is if i sold my showxase silverburst and with this being a rare guitar, i cant ever part with it. so when i win the lottery i will get my custom. i love my showcase.

blue...cut me some slack, I was at work. O:)

silv8r8urst & eddie...are those LPs stock?

ALIEN...do you have any swords?

The silver neck is pretty nice, it's different...but what really does it for me, esthetically, is the silver down the side of the headstock. It's a nice finishing touch.

ibis...silver Marshall in the background O:) I've posted so many pics of it already.

Picture075.jpg

Nice silvers guys!

Archived