Gibson Brands Forums

STOCKISTS - MIDLANDS UK

3spires

Hi, Ive been looking for a gibson acoustic for ages and after much searching have narrowed it won to a Hummingbird or a J45. I was just wondering if anyone knew the best stockists in my area?? Im located 15 minutes north of birmingham and 20mins from Derby so pretty much central.

Hope you can help as really want to buy this weekend,,

ta

Hi 3spires and welcome to the forum.

The lack of available Gibson acoustics in the UK has been a topic for discussion over the last couple of years but hasn't come up for a little while.

Generally, it seems that throughout the country, availability can be very limited. From speaking to dealers in this part of the world, this seems to be because Gibson insist on a minimum spend per month which can be out of reach for most retailers.

Having said that there are a few exceptions. Whilst not the Midlands per se, have a look at Coda in Luton and Stevenage (I think). They usually advertise a good selection and in the past, when I have visited them, theis has been true.

Johnt has recently been on the hunt for an SJ200 so he might have stumbled across something in your area. Hopefully he'll chime in here also.

Fill up your petrol tank - you could be eating a few miles in your search.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I bought my Songwriter Deluxe Standard from Andertons in Surrey. I know it's nowhere near the Midlands' date=' but their service was excellent. They were doing 18 months interest-free credit at the time too. http://www.andertons.co.uk/Default.asp?[/quote']

They are having a laugh asking £3400 for a J200 TV

No wonder they offer 18 months "free" credit

Hi 3spires and welcome to the forum.

Johnt has recently been on the hunt for an SJ200 so he might have stumbled across something in your area. Hopefully he'll chime in here also.

quote]

Chime!!!!

Just a question?

What is easiest to find

1. The Holy Grail

2. The lost city of Atalantis

3. Shegar

4. Lord Lucan

5. Your sanity

6. A stockist of Gibson acoustics in the UK who has more than one example of each guitar.

7. A Stockist of Gibson in the UK who gives a toss whether you buy a guitar or not?

8. A stockist of Gibson in the UK who offers to contact Bozeman to find delivery.

9. A stockist of Gibson in the UK ( other than Guitar Village) who actually have the guiatrs in stock shown on their websites.

GJEEEEEEEEEEEZ if you've got the money you can't buy.

Yet I can name 3 shops within 50 miles of me in Kent who have 20 Martins plus in stock!

And another 2 who I think would probably have 10 + Taylors

As Doris might say " Whats a girl todo?"

Good luck in your quest I have given up ( yet again) on mine.

Archived