Gibson Brands Forums

I got a foot over

drumrnmuzik

My brand new Epi LP Ultra II just sh!t the bed. I pulled the sound cable out and all the electronics came out with it. I was a bit PO'ed...[cool]

I went back to the store and gave them the what's up and they replied, "oh, that happens all the time...". So now attentive persons will notice a Telecaster on my signature. I hate to admit, but the sucker sounds great. Of course it quacks and doesn't honk. But that's useful some times too.

Hope ya'll don't hate me now....

how did all the electronics come out? was the jack plate not screwed on? or do they use some diffferent kind of set up?

that's just... weird.

The Epi LP II has two jacks, one for the piezo pickup and one for the humbuckers & piezo. These two jacks are on a retangular plate that's held on with 4 mini screws. If you don't hold the jack plate down whilst pulling out the plug.... well....

I've had an ultra II for over a year. It doesn't have a piezo, it has a nanomag acoustic pickup installed at the end of the fretboard. IMHO, the nanomag has a much better acoustic sound than a piezo. Anyway, I've had no problems. It plays great, sounds great. The epi buckers don't have the output of the burstbucker pros in my gibson LP. But, the ulta II is still a very nice hybid for the price.

Before I bought it, I hit the Epi forums and noticed the plastic jack plate was prone to cracking and/or breaking, so I've been careful when unplugging and setting it on a stand. The jackplate should be metal. What happened? Did the jackplate break, or did the jackplate screws pull out of the body?

"oh' date=' that happens all the time"[/b']

With an Epiphony?

Indeed it does.

I've been inside a bunch of them.

I'm with Dickey.

There are some decent imported guitars, very few of them say Epiphone on the headstock.

Sorry about the loss none the less.

It doesn't have a piezo' date='

What happened? Did the jackplate break, or did the jackplate screws pull out of the body?[/quote']

Opps, yeah a nanomag, and yes it sounded really nice through a PA or an acoustic amp. I'm sorry about losing it but I just didn't trust it anymore.

Archived