Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone know what models were siezed in the raid?

daveinspain

I am not sure they could narrow it down by product.

Rosewood is very varied in grain in color, I wonder how they identify Magadascar Rosewood specifically.

....on the other hand maybe that explains the unusual Rosewood color and grain on my Explorer.

Guitars062.jpg

I am not sure they could narrow it down by product.

Rosewood is very varied in grain in color' date=' I wonder how they identify Magadascar Rosewood specifically.

....on the other hand maybe that explains the unusual Rosewood color and grain on my Explorer.

[img']http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m44/jorgeasc/Guitars062.jpg[/img]

Holy lord, that's awesome.

I read one account that said they did take some instruments... I would like to know what happened to all those Jimmy Hendrix Strats as well....

You can tell if it's Magadascar Rosewood easily by looking at the grain up close with a magnifying glass. When you hold the neck up at the right angle look at the wood grain, if you see small animal hairs mixed in, thats it....

Nice pic, AXE!! lol

You can tell if it's Magadascar Rosewood easily by looking at the grain up close with a magnifying glass. When you hold the neck up at the right angle look at the wood grain' date=' if you see small animal hairs mixed in, thats it....[/quote']

Is that how you do it??

So, hairs - Madagascar, no hairs - Brazilian??

They better bring a forklift. Those things weigh like 8' date='000 pounds[/quote']

You know what's worse than a dead horse on your piano?

A dead beaver on your organ! [blink]

Archived