Gibson Brands Forums

The 90s

nikko18

The only thing good about the 90's was all the bands from the 60's that reunited (if they were broken up, that is). Traffic was the best damn concert I saw in the 90's. Santana was in great form then. The Grateful Dead was hit and miss, but when they Hit, They Hit.

The early 90s was one of the best eras for rock. Nirvana swooped in to put those horrible hair bands out of commission. The Seattle bands were putting out great music. Superunknown and Bad Motorfinger are still two of my favorite albums. Janes Addiction and the Chili Peppers from California. Smashing Pumpkins from Chicago, and a slew of bands that put out a few great albums. Ever heard Saturation by Urge Overkill? Question the Answers by the Mighty Mighty Bosstones? I could go on and on. Cobain dies and within months Matchbox 20 is playing on alt radio. The end of a great era.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Riverside...

Weren't any children arriving younger, either. <grin>

Maybe ... maybe ... when I grow up.

But don't hold your breath. I'm too young.

So... I hate admit this, but I haven't the slightest idea about Pokemon and the Tamagachis and Furbys...

And no, I don't care to learn. <chuckle>

Naaah. The 90s were too much work, not enough fun. Period. Just a lost decade of middle age. The 2000s aren't any better except I'm pickin' a little more when I should be sleeping - and getting to be more of a W.C. Fields grouch.

m

The Tech Boom and the Telecom Boom were fabulous things that occurred in the 1990s! My Les Paul's and my Telecaster were born in 1990. My amps were both born in the mid-1990s. My kids were both born in the 1990s and I got married in the 90s. The Dallas Cowboys won the Superbowl in 93, 94 and 96.

The early 90s was one of the best eras for rock. Nirvana swooped in to put those horrible hair bands out of commission. The Seattle bands were putting out great music.

Woot Seattle!

Ok, but really. The Rock/Grunge genre was HUGE in the 90's. A lot of great music was produced.

Well Radiohead, Nirvanna and The Manic Street Preachers all became well known and kicked the ailing popular music industry up the backside in the 90's which was great. I was happy to see the end of long guitar solos and long permed hair[biggrin]

Also Bond got back on track with Pierce Brosnan. Timothy Darlton's nose was far too long to be a Bond and he took everything so seriously.

The 60's, 90's and now are my favourite period of popular music.

Matt

Archived