Gibson Brands Forums

covers that are better then the originals.........

myspace.com/jessenoah

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

I just don't dig on SRV covering Hendrix.

There are two camps of Hendrix fans - those that love the finesse & jamming side of his playing and those of us that love the sonic assault & feedback from a double stack amp cranked to 11. SRV is in the first camp with both feet firmly planted. To me, Hendrix put the word electric in electric guitar. What Jesus is to Christians or what Mohammad is to Muslims, Hendrix is to us at the Church of the Sonic Guitar.

every song metallica has ever covered is way' date=' way better than the original tune with the possible exception of "Last Caress"- Glen Danzig's vocals are really cool on that one. and i have to admit, the original Anti-Nowhere League version of "So What" is pretty funny.[/quote']

You can't be serious. I'll give you The Small Hours since Holocaust was not the best band, but Metallica completely slaughters Whiskey in the Jar and Turn the Page. And what business does Metallica have covering a grooving Sabbath tune? The swing Sabbra Cadabra like they're a cage of dead monkeys. Lars is no Bill Ward.

... There are two camps of Hendrix fans - those that love the finesse & jamming side of his playing and those of us that love the sonic assault & feedback from a double stack amp cranked to 11.

There is a third camp - those of us who like both! :-

You can't be serious. I'll give you The Small Hours since Holocaust was not the best band' date=' but Metallica completely slaughters Whiskey in the Jar and Turn the Page. And what business does Metallica have covering a grooving Sabbath tune? The swing Sabbra Cadabra like they're a cage of dead monkeys. Lars is no Bill Ward.[/quote']

i'm completely serious. Turn the Page by Bob Seger is mediocre at best...which pretty much describes Bob Seger's entire catalogue. And yes, Metallica's Whiskey in the Jar is sweet. Thin Lizzy's is ok, but Metallica's version has balls. As far as Black Sabbath is concerned, I don't really like them. I never have. I recognize their place in the history of metal as well as their talent, but i dont think their music is that great. And Sabra Cadabra is no exception. I think Metallica made a lame song ok. The same with BOC's Astronomy...talk about a freakin homo tune.

To each their own. plenty of people think JP is lame, but he's sill my favorite.

Excellent topic jesse! Albeit controversial ^^V

Loved the cover by Disturbed, wow!

Outkast's hey ya done accustic, so well!

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

STP is an amazing band and they did this JUSTISE, which is as good as you can do with Led covers, to this one:

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

bonus >.>

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

i'm completely serious. Turn the Page by Bob Seger is mediocre at best...which pretty much describes Bob Seger's entire catalogue. And yes' date=' Metallica's Whiskey in the Jar is sweet. Thin Lizzy's is ok, but Metallica's version has [i']balls[/i]. As far as Black Sabbath is concerned, I don't really like them. I never have. I recognize their place in the history of metal as well as their talent, but i dont think their music is that great. And Sabra Cadabra is no exception. I think Metallica made a lame song ok. The same with BOC's Astronomy...talk about a freakin homo tune.

To each their own. plenty of people think JP is lame, but he's sill my favorite.

Metallica whore [biggrin]

Haha I'm just messing with you. I completely disagree with you though. I think Thin Lizzy is 100 times better then metallica and so is Sabbath.

tesla has a bunch of good covers' date=' I really like their version of space truckin!

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

Strike two!

Godsmack better than Zeppelin?

Tesla better than Deep Purple?

What's next? Ozzies version of Mississippi Queen better that Mountain?

Archived