Gibson Brands Forums

my new V and....

Izzy

<.< Haven't had V in so long...

I'm trying not to let it get to me' date=' man Dx

Guitars is all I have left now that I'm with a boy *cries

Sorry for not posting sooner, and for bad quality, AND for bra straps showing....

[img']http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/izabellizima/Vandme.jpg[/img]

surfpup, if I ever get rid of her i'll hit you up, i promise.

Smokin' V, Izzy! A friend of mine bought me a Dean V as a birthday present and I'm totally into it. It ain't a Gibson, but it's a real nice player just the same.

And everybody's just about ignoring Izzy as well as the Martin.

I still think that grin is worth more than the @#%$# guitar.

But then... Seeing people happy like that tends to make everybody happy.

Yeah, though - which Martin!

m

lol! really, I didn't expect ya'll to give this thread that much attention.

I just wanted to share my find. The V got love cus I pointed out the signature and cus well...its a Gibson ^^

For those who inquired, the Martin is a D16GTE gloss top Dreadnought.....name is gibberish to me >.>

The up side: WOW sound!!!

The Down side: my Parker Event Series' upper curve dips in more.

I find the Parker easier to play because my boob fits so well in that dip O.O

lmao...now I KNOW what Ani DiFranco meant when she said:

"It's a good little guitar. It takes a beating and keeps on bleeding, but I have a feeling that Bob's **** aren't as big as mine," about her Alvarez-Yairi Bob Weir model. xD

martinvparker-1.jpg

I hate to say this but... I like the Martin better. The V never did anything for me.

As for the physical difficulties brought to a girl by the large Martin shape... I dunno. I know a lotta girls have managed to get whatever sorta sound they want from a guitar with some sort of adjustment to the size. Lotta guys, too, as the "gut" comment reflects. <chuckle>

The young lady in my current avatar seemed to have gotten around her physical dimensions fairly well, at least doing a solo gig sitting on a stool. She hunched a bit more than I would, but it put her assets firmly behind the large-size guitar. <grin> I think a lotta that may be that it's the size guitar she was most familiar with and simply became comfortable playing.

I've noticed especially watching Youtube with some pix through the years of actual playing styles of guys like BB, there seem to be some obvious postural changes during performance with age and physical ... uhhhhh ... dimensions.

Ah, yes - the advantages and difficulties of such a personal type of musical instrument, especially one crafted that we we "hug" it rather than simply hang over a shoulder.

m

My metal side keeps screaming for years: ''Buy me a Flying -V! Now [angry] ''. Perhaps some day I will listen to it...

Many, many congrats on a great guitar I'm certainly envious of! Not only a Gibson Flying-V, but also signed by one of the Schenker boys...? WOW Izzy!

Not that it makes any difference, but I think Michael is even a greater guitarist than Rudolf, but they both rock and they rock... on black and white V's!

Now rock this baby! [biggrin]

Like Milod, I would much rather have the Martin.

That V doesn't appeal to me. I don't like many Vs and I love playing acoustic. Not to mention I don't like the Scorpions at all.

I like some Vs like the Hendrix one though. The Hendrix V is an exceptional guitar.

I just love fingerpickin acoustic!

Archived