Gibson Brands Forums

Awful week.

ledzep59

Well I thought this would be en excellent thanksgiving not only because of the food but also because I expected to get my R9 back with brazilian rosewood, bone nut, etc. but I am still waiting. However, I do have some other interesting news. I have always been a LP guy, simply because I want to rock and my single-coil strat just can't do the things a LP does. So I was playing my first LP (black studio) which has already had the headstock repaired and put it down for a second when my dog comes trotting by. My German Shepherd just had surgery, so he had one of those elizabethan collars on (a huge cone) and proceeded to brush by my guitar, knocking it over. So, my black LP has a HUGE gash where the headstock meets the neck and this time I think it might be dead... Very tragic, nobody likes a broken guitar unless it's done purposefully.

WAIT, that's not all. After nearly crying for a day, I decided to go clean and just play the strat through my fender stage 112. This stage 112 is over 12 years old and has already been to Fender California and back on a warrantee repair. I'm playing some blues, and the amp makes an extremely loud "POP" sound and starts SMOKING! This happened the first time before I sent it in, but now I have no warrantee. Then I really did cry.

So after this break, I have one less guitar and one less amp. [biggrin]

I know I am just saying mighty nice mess your friend got himself into good luck to him for having to deal with that ****

I like being single currently' date=' a lot less to worry about[/quote']

Ya me to i like being single...i dont have to pay for anyones movie ticket!

Thanks for your condolences everyone. The amp is now dead. The guitar I think is also dead because I do not wish to spend money on a new neck because the neck on that black LP is split basically all the way to the top of the headstock. The good news is I was saving up for a low wattage tube amp anyways and I am extremely excited to get my R9 back and also to purchase a new amp. Very glad that wasn't my R9, but I am EXTREMELY cautious with "Rachel" because of the first time my studio broke.

Sounds like T-giving will never be the same again. On the flip side - Now you have a project guitar with some fairly nice parts to get started with! Looking forward to a new Ebay experience? List it as is = piggy bank for another guitar/amp.

Hope the shepard gets better soon and keep that R9 in the case until that happens!

Sounds like one neck repair after another.

Archived