Gibson Brands Forums

K ohm rating question

bubba_leon

The few that I've tested when swapping guts had 300K linear taper volume and 500K audio taper tone. Gibson apparently didn't check with Wikipedia before wiring their guitars and it's common knowledge they ignored the convention when they decided to use linear taper volume pots.

The few that I've tested when swapping guts had 300K linear taper volume and 500K audio taper tone. Gibson apparently didn't check with Wikipedia before wiring their guitars and it's common knowledge they ignored the convention when they decided to use linear taper volume pots.

Take it easy mate. Was only pointing out what is the standard. Have always used Audio for Volume for the simple fact that I(like countless others)prefer a slow' date='gradual roll off. Hasn't been any guitar I know of that doesn't do this. Was only using wiki as a reference,was all. Deep breath,deep breath....[biggrin

Yes you got your answer on the second post. And the fourth post was somebody talking out his ***. Goodbye fellas. I'll miss you. Well' date=' I'll miss Murph. The rest of you can go screw.[/quote']

Mate,I hope you're taking the piss. If not...nah,you've gotta be joking. If not,this one's for you:-({|=

Archived