Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Basshole

Rickenbaker 4080

I'm not certain how someone could use this bass/guitar. If the bass player is going to have to keep the bottom end, when would he have a chance to use the guitar.

I dunno. I guess there could already be a bass player in the band, and for some parts the 4080 dude doubles on bass and other parts on guitar.

Some years ago there was an old Ibanez Bass/guitar much like Jimmy Page's double-neck SG.

I always wanted to have that guitar/bass because it would be so goddman awesome to duel with my band's bassman. I can't imagine how different my songwriting would be if I had that guitar.

Of course the lead singer/rythm guitar could benefit from having such an instrument as well.

I've owned two 4080s - one white, one natural, and I also used to have an Ibanez SG-style bass/6 doubleneck. I used the doublenecks for playing Rush covers, and would play bass with my feet on my Moog Taurus when I was playing the 6-string. The Rush songs Xanadu, Passage to Bangkok and Circumstances all had sections where Geddy played guitar & taurus during the solos or at the end. I kick myself for selling the 4080s - sold 'em for about $950 apiece almost 20 years ago, and now you can't touch one for under $4,000, IF you can even find one....