Gibson Brands Forums

Where's Murph? Where's Axe?

Gilliangirl

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like MLP but, there tends to be an inordinate amount of extreme types there: total gear dweebs who must spend more time screwing with their amps than playing their guitars (I'll admit to leaning that way) and dumbasses who make statements as if they're facts when what they wrote is really either purely their opinion, someone else's opinion regurgitated, or just plain wrong. This forum gets some of that too and there are good folks at MLP but at times it seems like sorting through reviews at Harmony Central - you have to really weed through the crap to get to the good stuff. Then again, maybe the extra traffic at MLP just makes it seem noisier than it really is. Whatever - I visit both here and there regularly even if I don't post all that often.

I don't know Jocko....[biggrin]

I think the noobs are a good thing.... And certainly the same old questions and debates get a bit redundant, but that's the nature of a guitar forum.

As for quality, I have had nothing but great luck with my three Gibson acquisitions this past year, and it certainly didn't break the bank. ($1900 for three brand new Gibbys).[crying]

I'll agree the Sig Models are for a particular taste, and in most cases are for customers with deep pockets. But I think the idea behind it is a good thing.

Certainly Gibsons aren't for everyone, but I think we can agree their instruments have passed through some very talented hands, and for good reason[cool]

I don't know Jocko....[biggrin]

I think the noobs are a good thing.... And certainly the same old questions and debates get a bit redundant' date=' but that's the nature of a guitar forum.

As for quality, I have had nothing but great luck with my three Gibson acquisitions this past year, and it certainly didn't break the bank. ($1900 for three brand new Gibbys).[crying

I'll agree the Sig Models are for a particular taste, and in most cases are for customers with deep pockets. But I think the idea behind it is a good thing.

Certainly Gibsons aren't for everyone, but I think we can agree their instruments have passed through some very talented hands, and for good reason[cool]

Of course we mustn't forget the most important and popular signature model of all time...

The one named after this guy:

lespaul1.jpg

I mean, isn't that (more or less) why we're all here?

In a years time we have gone through allot here. From loads of noobs' date=' stupid questions, transfering the forum and loosing loads of data to basically lies about things that happened here. People can only take so much crap and those who are just out for themselves. Kinda like some of the products the mfg is pushing out the door; crap no one wants or wants and can't afford. Please Nintendo buttons on a guitar that looks like it need some serious sun; modeled after someone who wears a bucket (and got sued due to copy rights) and has to think in a chicken coop. Yeah thats real talent for ya.

[b']

Something Les has to be proud of for sure.[/b]

Welcome back <big hug>

I noticed that Axe and Murph were absent but like everybody else I am sure they need a break once in a while, I am sure they'll come back.

Jocko you don't like the buckethead LP?, I am not a fan of his but I think is a killer guitar for folks that can take advantage of those specs, 27" scale!! dang.

A friend of mine is a professional pianist, I told him Gibsons were pricey...his answer was: you are lucky, the piano I want is $70,000.

Archived