Gibson Brands Forums

Thought you all might like to know...

Shnate McDuanus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

XDemonknight

Each of us is unique; your decision on a college is your decision and it looks to me as if you made a good decision based on your own personality and that of the school.

Just... don't do what I did. <grin> I came out of my first year and half of a third semester having learned how to play guitar somewhat decently for the time and place - and then hadda find a job 'cuz I was no longer in school.

In another life I did offer a full time newspaper job to a young man who had something like 8 hours credit to compete for graduation within several months. I told him I'd fire him if he let the job stop him from that degree. I let a job seduce me from my third college and it likely was a major error in life.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't forget what you're there for. I did and in spite of a world of fun, it would be interesting to see what might have been had guitar playing and a cupla fast cars and a fun "adult" job been more of very much more secondary interests.

m

Congratz... .and as milo says, "we're all unique"...just like everyone else! (wait..... um...how does THAT work?)

Anyway, back when men lived in caves, I was accepted to Cal State out of high school, (in 1967 it was TOUGH to get into college), but I found I didn't have the $ for books, etc....so I took a job at Peterbilt Motors. Got drafted, came back from 'Nam and went to school on the GI Bill, (5-1/2 years), and that education coupled with my work at Peterbilt has set me up for life..... almost 43 years in the same occupation, coming up on 30 years with my current company.... I was blessed and continue to be so.....

Don't ever take for granted that you have opportunities open to you that most people don't. Take advantage, and be happy.

Again, congrats!

Nathan...

For what it's worth, a journalism career may not be even 10 percent as stable as teaching in the current environment.

Yeah, it took me all over the US, to Europe, South America and Asia - but in a time window from 1975-1995.

I'd say more but ... that perhaps might be best discussed outside this forum.

m

Archived