Gibson Brands Forums

Redid my Les Paul

Andre S

From the look of a classic wine red, everything from creme rings, PG, toggle switch, with amber switch tip and knobs and uncovered humbuckers

to a wine red les paul with black hardware, amber switchtip, gold hardware : )

I may or may not add a bigsby.

If I continue along planning to get an SG, I would prefer to have a trem system on one and stoptail on the other. Bigsby on LP or Maestro on SG?

I am an everloving modder....though, I find replacing the original chrome pickup covers seems to have made it lose certain tonal quality though I may be just imagining things.

How do I ensure the pole spacing on the gold covers match my pickup pair?

The LP sounds nice!

I say you put Bigsby systems on both--that could get pricey, but there's nothing like that sharp, subtle vibrato.

If I had one installed, I'd ride it during lead breaks, much like my idol John Cipollina. I love the sound that he gets. It's so crisp.

So, with that in mind, I say that, regardless of which one you add the tremolo bridge to, make it a Bigsby. I would go with the SG (but again, partially because of the whole John Cipollina thing.) If you're worried about damaging it, or devaluing it, I say you add it to the cheaper one.

The LP sounds nice!

I say you put Bigsby systems on both--that could get pricey' date=' but there's nothing like that sharp, subtle vibrato.

If I had one installed, I'd ride it during lead breaks, much like my idol John Cipollina. I love the sound that he gets. It's so crisp.

So, with that in mind, I say that, regardless of which one you add the tremolo bridge to, make it a Bigsby. I would go with the SG (but again, partially because of the whole John Cipollina thing.) If you're worried about damaging it, or devaluing it, I say you add it to the cheaper one.[/quote']

I have no worries about value, my guitars were bought to play, and modding them is fun for me.

I may add the bigsby to the lp, gold, and possible maestro on the SG. but the instructions for installation of the maestro do not appear to be available.

The LP sounds nice!

I say you put Bigsby systems on both--that could get pricey' date=' but there's nothing like that sharp, subtle vibrato.

So, with that in mind, I say that, regardless of which one you add the tremolo bridge to, make it a Bigsby. I would go with the SG (but again, partially because of the whole John Cipollina thing.) If you're worried about damaging it, or devaluing it, I say you add it to the cheaper one.[/quote']

Its a Les Paul Studio, so its the same price as the SG, well, 119 less.

I added a faux binding. ( sanded the edges, with all black hardware, it really makes the binding pop!)

Archived