Gibson Brands Forums

What's on your banana?

Cruznolfart

Today's a Godsend! I have no meetings, no pressing business, no critical schedules to meet, no phone calls to make...all I gotta do today is BBQ some country-style, stack a cord of firewood and practice bass. Life is good. [cool]

Oh, and Mrs. Cruzn just came from the chicken nursery and says we're grand-parents again. Winter chicks. [cool]

What's on your banana today? Have a good'ern! bannana_guitar.gif

Easy day here too... Had to take one of the cats to the vet this morning, just a follow up visit after having a bit of small intestin removed a week ago. Had a tumor removed but he's doing well now, not quite himself yet but doing a little better each day...

All I have to do the rest of the day is practice for band rehearsal tomorrow and keep an eye on the cat.

Hope your cat's OK, Dave. I did the vet thing with one of ours yesterday and he's a little out-of-sorts today. Just got his shots brought current but he's staying close to the woodstove this morning. Spending the day practicing sounds good to me. [confused]

Good for you' date=' hope you enjoy your day and nothing gets in the way.

I got a lot to do today... and probably won't have a free day til christmass![/quote']

Bummer, TG, I don't envy you your busy schedule. Just got done with our busy time of year and I'm really ready for this break.

Man, it's two long days in a row for me. First, gotta mention that I have a 33 mile (50 minute) commute to work so over an hour and a half of my day is sucked up just driving to and from work. I get up at 5:15 AM, surf the web web for a little while, putz around then jump in the shower and leave for work around 6:30. I'm at work from around 7:30-5:00.

Yesterday was work and then band practice. My brother and our rehearsal space are near where I work so, after work, I go to his place, we eat dinner then head to rehearsal (6:30-9:30). After we play, I stow my gear and we BS for a half an hour or so then I try to leave by 10:30 to drive 45 minutes home. I get home and unwind for about an hour then go to bed at 12:30... then get up at 5:30 in the morning again.

After work today, I have a lodge meeting that starts at 7:00 and my lodge is an hour away from where I live and sort of in the opposite direction (it would be further if I drove from the lodge to where I work and then home). So, after work I'll drive for around a half an hour towards where the lodge is, grab some dinner and a beer at a local tavern and head to the lodge around 6:45 for a meeting that will most likely last until around 10:30-11:00. Then I'll drive an hour to get home.

Tomorrow, I'm going the hell home after work.

School' date=' hello from CAD class.

Don't throw a fit I finished all my work. Then dd homework from other classes.

Later, jus sittin round playin guitar[/quote']

Crikey, they let you surf in class? No wonder this country's going to hell! [confused]

Have a good one, Dom. :-

Been there done that last year at this time.

My 8-year-old boy wanted to do a one armed hand stand with a twist from on top of the coffee table in the living room.

It was the twist that did it. Snapped his forearm.

What a rush that was.

He broke both his ulna and his radius.

Talk about a parental freak out.

All I can say is I recognized it right off the bat and put him in a warm blanket to keep him from going into shock.

I think we just paid that bill off too.

My boss is in town today and he's really on my banana....just kidding...he's cool boss so its not too bad. He tooke me to Ruth's Chris steakhouse last night...and didn't even fire me!

Today is some reporting, some phone meetings, some in person meetings and then home to relax. Will play some guitar and work on technique.

Thats all I got!

My 8-year-old boy wanted to do a one armed hand stand with a twist from on top of the coffee table in the living room.

What a rush that was.

All I can say is I recognized it right off the bat and put him in a warm blanket to keep him from going into shock.

Whoa that's messed up. Is he ok? How are his spirits?

What a rush that was.

LOL! I see I'm preachin' to the choir. Hope your son has no long-term effects from his Living Room gymnastics. That's the kinda stuff that comes back to bite you in the keester when you get some years on you. :o

My boss is in town today and he's really on my banana....just kidding...he's cool boss so its not too bad. He tooke me to Ruth's Chris steakhouse last night...and didn't even fire me!

Today is some reporting' date=' some phone meetings, some in person meetings and then home to relax. Will play some guitar and work on technique.

Thats all I got![/quote']

See if you can move all the other stuff to some other day so you can get right to the pickin'! :o

Jeez' date=' Rich, your banana's plum full! Makes me feel very fortunate to not have a schedule such as yours.

Hey, I found something for you but I don't think you saw it. (image is link)

looks like it needs a little TLC, but hey...

p1_uxelsho40_ss.jpg

Thanks, Cruzn! I'd jump on it but with the holidays coming up and all, well I can't be buying a guitar for myself just now.

Archived