Gibson Brands Forums

whatis youre les paul model

dvir

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have 17 #-o

Damn....

Let me know if you need any help with anything' date=' eh?

[biggrin

Shouldn't have sold the others.

I have only two now.

Sadly, they both have finish damage now....

[cool]

2001 LP Classic Plus

4141999064_6a8758337e.jpg

2007 LP Deluxe - Guitar of the Week #8

3537069493_c60dd7ea07.jpg

Damn....

Let me know if you need any help with anything' date=' eh?

[biggrin

Shouldn't have sold the others.

I have only two now.

Sadly, they both have finish damage now....

#-o

Sheyit man,couldn't ya just get them ta sign a piece of paper or something like the rest of us?[cool]

'88 model "30th Anniversary" '58 Plaintop..........bought brand new in 3/89.

Needs a re-fret, has been shorted out so badly that the insulation melted off, yes OFF most of the wiring, fried 2 volume pots & the 3-way switch (had it repaired by an auth. Gib.Tech. immediately) and STILL outplays just about everything else I own.

GarysCam062.jpg

GarysCam064.jpg

The ONLY guitar I have that sounds sweeter is this one............nope, not a Gibson, a $400 Agile

GarysCam100.jpg

one pic too dull (P.O.S. cellphone cam)

one too bright, it's really NOT pinkburst, its pink reflection on a Honey Sunburst

GarysCam101.jpg

'88 model "30th Anniversary" '58 Plaintop..........bought brand new in 3/89.

Needs a re-fret' date=' has been shorted out so badly that the insulation melted off, yes OFF most of the wiring, fried 2 volume pots & the 3-way switch (had it repaired by an auth. Gib.Tech. immediately) and STILL outplays just about everything else I own.[/quote']

So...fill us all in mate...what's the story behind it? How'd ya fry it?

@ duane v

What kind of guitar is the one in the picture "Yoko and Cynthia"? Not the Epiphone of course... It looks a bit like an old Roger... but of course I could be totally wrong...

Edit: mine is a ´83 Studio Custom

Nobody can figure the brand [angry] ..... Gruhn looked at it and told me it's definately a 1950's German made instrument, but that's all he could verify. It has "TRIUMPH" in MOP on the headstock.

The neck had such a bow the fret-board was starting to separate from the neck. Basically the neck had to be straightened and fitted with a double action truss rod. Then the fret-markers and frets had to be replaced. Also the secret pickup that's installed underneath the fret-board (area where there is no fret-wire) was cleaned and re-built. But still it sounds pretty awful when plugged in.

Nobody can figure the brand [biggrin] ..... Gruhn looked at it and told me it's definately a 1950's German made instrument' date=' but that's all he could verify. It has "TRIUMPH" in MOP on the headstock.

The neck had such a bow the fret-board was starting to separate from the neck. Basically the neck had to be straightened and fitted with a double action truss rod. Then the fret-markers and frets had to be replaced. Also the secret pickup that's installed underneath the fret-board (area where there is no fret-wire) was cleaned and re-built. But still it sounds pretty awful when plugged in.

[/quote']

I would love to see a bigger picture... Difficult... I meant to see what is called "german carve" and thus thought of a Roger... But when it has "Triumph" on the headstock it is probably something different...

Unfortunately the site I like to look at has only the following: Oebra

Not enough pictures and no complete article ready until today... I would also look at the other Luthiers on the site, especially "Todt" and "Seifert"... Seems they all came from the same region called "vogtland" and they built guitars with the pickup under the fret-board (see also: Museum Marktneukirchen ).

Perhaps you could ask in the forum or write an email to "schlaggitarren.de"...

I hope it helps a little bit...

So...fill us all in mate...what's the story behind it? How'd ya fry it?

reverb coils in my '65 Univox 105w 4 ch. stage stack sagged and laid one on top of another...........

shorted out the amp (which needs a total re-work still) and fried the wiring in my LP..........

Oddly enough though.........it didn't hurt the p'ups in the least.

Just 1 more post here...........

Heres how my "old un" is stored now...........

GarysCam097.jpg

Back in '82 & '83 I had a '75 GLP Custom Natural, w/a 3 piece top, that I pushed thru (1st) a Peavey L.A.400, and (2nd) a Peavey Nashville 400(which had better tone than the L.A.)........

Neither setup impressed me enough to keep, so the LPC & the NA-400 got sold to my (now ex) bro' in law.

Now, I really wish i'd kept the '75, because i've got a sick notion that thru my Blackstar head & Fender(Jensen) cab., it would sound GREAT !!

Oh well............i'll just have to keep wishing..........

Archived