Gibson Brands Forums

2007 Les Paul Money Bass

Texas58

I am not a bass player, but having recently acquired a Rootbeer 2007 Gibson LP Money Bass has me reconsidering. At first all I wanted was a decent bass setup for my home studio because bass players where I am at are far and few between. So at first I went thinking of the tone i wanted and went looking for a Rickenbacker, Music Man and Fender Precision. What frightened me what I was seeing was the price, and i didnt want a guitar that was made in Indonesia or Mexico. For a long time I was in limbo until one day i was jamming out on my LP when I thought ... "Why not look at a Gibson bass?" ... So i went on ebay thinking of just price only when I saw this 2007 LP Gibson Money Bass Rootbeer. I did the "Buy it now" for a Grand.

When I got the guitar .... Jeez ... what an incredible buy! and only 400 made at that. The guitar was like brand new still in the factory wrapping. When I showed my friends, one just purchased a Midnight Manhattan and the other friend one is buying another like mine.

This Bass plays great, and sounds phenomenal. Has a nice slim rickenbacker style neck and nice 24 fret scale. It can sound Dry and Crisp or real muddy or punchy. Perfect for my studio applications ... And best of all ... Its made in the USA no need to worrry about it being made in China, Korea or Bum ###K Egypt.

HR [biggrin]

The les Paul money bass, is a great bass, especially for the guitar player because of its smaller body size is close to the relative size of a guitar. I find it interesting that you decided your best option was to go Gibson instead of Fender, for the bass, you may not realize that Gibson basses, don't get the love in the bass world that the Fenders or even the Rics do. currently I own 9 basses in which there is 1 Gibson and 2 Epiphones the rest are Fenders or Fender clones but my Gibson (RD Artist) is the center piece of my gear, I have owned this one the longest of any of the others and for nearly 20 years it was my only bass, yes they are very versatile. I believe you need to post some pictures of your bass

so we can enjoy it with you, I will start by posting a pic of mine (again)

DCP_0016.jpg

The les Paul money bass' date=' is a great bass, especially for the guitar player because of its smaller body size is close to the relative size of a guitar. I find it interesting that you decided your best option was to go Gibson instead of Fender, for the bass, you may not realize that Gibson basses, don't get the love in the bass world that the Fenders or even the Rics do. currently I own 9 basses in which there is 1 Gibson and 2 Epiphones the rest are Fenders or Fender clones but my Gibson (RD Artist) is the center piece of my gear, I have owned this one the longest of any of the others and for nearly 20 years it was my only bass, yes they are very versatile. I believe you need to post some pictures of your bass

so we can enjoy it with you, I will start by posting a pic of mine (again)

[img']http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/jonanles/DCP_0016.jpg[/img]

Sweet Bass, How's she play/sound?

The Rd Artist bass is a very versatile bass, it can go from deep lows to bright and snappy, because of its all maple constuction, it is a bit heavy and the rounded profile neck isn't ideal for snapping and popping, but hey, I am not a popper, I've used her in everything from the garage band to the orchestra.

Texas58, you can use a free photo hosting site like flikr or photobucket to host your photos.

The Rd Artist bass is a very versatile bass' date=' it can go from deep lows to bright and snappy, because of its all maple constuction, it is a bit heavy and the rounded profile neck isn't ideal for snapping and popping, but hey, I am not a popper, I've used her in everything from the garage band to the orchestra.

Texas58, you can use a free photo hosting site like flikr or photobucket to host your photos.[/quote']

I like your Bass ... looks very nice, traditional and vintage. I bet it sounds incredible!

• 11 years later...

I purchased a Gibson Les Paul Money Bass in Manhattan Midnight Blue in 2007 for my collection.  I have the OHSC and all of the paper work. It was never been used for a gig. Instead, it has been hanging on the wall in the office/music room of my temperature controlled house. I have tuned and played it a few times through my Ampeg Bass Amp and speaker cabinet. I love the deep low and midrange tones of this bass. It reminds of the Gibson EB-0 I took lessons on in 1965. Congrats on your find and purchase. You can't go wrong with Gibson or Epiphone bass made in the USA.