Gibson Brands Forums

Gettin' Sober.....

Murph

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

best of luck. i'm 2 1/2 years on the wagon. you won't believe how much better you'll feel. alot of people think (myself included) that its the being drunk part that makes life difficult but there's also the "living in a constant state of hangover" part. its funny how we can get used to feeling bad without giving it a second thought. you've made a good decision. you'll never regret it. thumbs up!

Good for you, Murph! You can do it!

Good onya.

Sober since 9/26/09 myself.

Just because I haven't felt like drinking anything.

Best of luck.

AXE®

I'm getting to that point myself. I suppose I don't drink all that much but sometimes wonder if it's more than I should. What I really need to do is cut out the damned cigarettes; the problem is that I *like* smoking.

Good for you' date=' Murph! You can do it!

I'm getting to that point myself. I suppose I don't drink all that much but sometimes wonder if it's more than I should. What I really need to do is cut out the damned cigarettes; the problem is that I *like* smoking.

[/quote']

Yep. I quit for 2 months with Chantix. I didn't want a cigarette when I started back. I was just bored and tired of pacing around the house until 4:30 am every morning.

i just passed the 3 month mark for quitting smoking. used the patch and xanax and the fact that smokes were up to $6 a pack and i was a 2 pack a day smoker. do the math! have moderated my alcohol intake as i wanted to avoid gaining weight. everything (except smokes) in moderation seems to work for me. that and keeping up a fitness regime has me feeling pretty good. murph, identify your motivation and you can do it!

Well...

I could tell dozens of tales. I got scared at 21 'cuz everybody I worked with didn't drink, they guzzled. Ancient Age was the corporate poison. I got another job and left the environment.

A current buddy quit after years on the road and barrels of beer.

Murph, if you wanna quit, you've got a lotta support here, if nowhere else. Too many of us have seen/done too much. I'm lucky in that for me it was mostly seeing 'stedda doing. But "lucky" is the operative word.

m

Archived