Gibson Brands Forums

Gettin' Sober.....

Murph

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you Murph, I grew up in a alcoholic family, it was really hard...my brother died last July from cirrhosis, he had been a heavy drinker since the 50's. He was 66 when he passed. I miss him very much, when he was sober he was a great guy.

If want inspiration to stay sober imagine my brother dying alone on a bathroom floor, puking large chunks of congealed blood as the veins in his esophagus ruptured his head in the bathtub, lying there alone all night before being found by his best friend.

This has left a huge hole in so many lives. I hope that sharing this will help you, if so, maybe it won't be in vein.

As I said' date='they obviously do things differently over there. A lot different.[blink

Kinda like pouring petrol on a burning man.

Unless the hospital is treating injuries or a condition other than alcohol poisoning, it's not their job to get the patient sober; it's their job to treat them. If delirium trauma causes a patient to be unmanageable, alcohol may be the most expedient, least troublesome temporary remedy.

Unless the hospital is treating injuries or a condition other than alcohol poisoning' date=' it's not their job to get the patient sober; it's their job to treat them. If delirium trauma causes a patient to be unmanageable, alcohol may be the most expedient, least troublesome temporary remedy.[/quote']

Pethidine my man,is usually the go to in those situations. After they leave,they're free to throw down their neck whatever they want.

And it's delirium tremens. Delirium trauma is what usually happens when you've drunk too much and thought you could head butt a moving car.[cool]

Anyway,enough of this...

Bottoms up Murph!:-k

Pethidine my man' date='is usually the go to in those situations. [/quote']

omg no, i would never ever ever use Demerol (pethidine/merpidine) in the alcohol toxic patient. besides being an opiate pain reliever with no indication for EtOH toxicity, it's contraindicated in patient's with liver failure and seizure disorders...something a patient in alcohol withdrawal/DTs usually has. Ativan drips OTOH work quite well.

Pethidine my man' date='is usually the go to in those situations. After they leave,they're free to throw down their neck whatever they want.

And it's delirium tremens. Delirium trauma is what usually happens when you've drunk too much and thought you could head butt a moving car.[biggrin]

Anyway,enough of this...

Bottoms up Murph![biggrin]

Thanks for the clarification and correction, Lowdown. Trauma...tremens...I'm just glad not to have to deal with any of it anymore. And glad for Murph.

Archived