Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone 84 reissue explorer(hetfield)

garyjfoster

I saw it on samash.com but not gibson.com. Can they truely call it an 84 explorer with that knob configuration and black hardware? This is an attempt to get back the money lost from the LTD EXPs sold before the lawsuit against ESP. I'd get a couple and make a "Papa Het" and "EET FUK" replicas so I wouldn't have to taint a real ESP MX/EXP whatever you want to call it. I prefer the 81/60 combo but it's better than the 81/81. I really don't like an 81 in the neck position but I digress. I have not seen them in stores yet.

its actually plays and sounds awesome....thats why i got it....my gibson although rules.....its two different animals.....as is all guitars not one guitar is the same...in feel and sound....all the guitars i have sound awesome ...all feel different and play differently...but in a really good way.....it was worth getting......brings me back to the good ol and justice for all days.....though i still want the 84 reissue gibson version....

yeah well gibson should just offer explorers without the pickguard......its actually pointless to have it on there...i love my diamond plate though....i would of prefered none

Me too. I'm glad I have mine but I'd like another w/out the pg too. The toggle switch is not in the most convenient place.

Are you going to have any art work added to your Epi? Perhaps EET FUK or More Beer?

Perhaps the moderators can give us some insight. Not enough demand for that the be a standard model? Don't think it would be profitable? Heck, I'd settle for the PG-less as an Epiphone but not that sh!tty bold on neck thing they made a few years ago. A good one.

I don't understand how guitar makers decide whether there is enough demand. I work as a business analyst for a utility and we forecast call volume. Is it similar based on sales of previous models? Do you use MiniTab? Help us understand. What is it gonna take to get the non PG explorer made? The "1984" GOM was a good start. More color options please!! You'll spend tons of money on research and engineering on these robot guitars. Sorry, just venting a little.

Perhaps the moderators can give us some insight. Not enough demand for that the be a standard model? Don't think it would be profitable? Heck' date=' I'd settle for the PG-less as an Epiphone but not that sh!tty bold on neck thing they made a few years ago. A good one.

I don't understand how guitar makers decide whether there is enough demand. I work as a business analyst for a utility and we forecast call volume. Is it similar based on sales of previous models? Do you use MiniTab? Help us understand. What is it gonna take to get the non PG explorer made? The "1984" GOM was a good start. More color options please!! You'll spend tons of money on research and engineering on these robot guitars. Sorry, just venting a little.[/quote']

I mean, if people like more pickguard-less explorers, why continue producing the '76 model?

'84 explorer with 4 colours... metallic red, ebony, alpine white and silver...[blink]

• 2 weeks later...

My local Sam Ash has one. Not sure if I would pay $599 (especially since it is made in China) for it being that it's a floor model and had a few dings and has come in collisions with a few black guitars. It's a solid guitar. I'm not a fan of the 81/85 combo. I'd like to get one and put an EMG 60 in the neck and put some Sperzels on it. The fret board seemed like it was stained to look like ebony [sad] It's cool guitar though. I still find it odd they call it an 84 reissue.

yeah me too....but i got mine at sam ash last one....mine was solid no problems....i usually put locking tuners on everything,,,,but believe it or not...it hasn't gone out of tune with the stock grovers....i mean its not like my gibson....but fun to play...im happy with it...its more of a nastalgic piece

Archived