Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone 84 reissue explorer(hetfield)

garyjfoster

its actually plays and sounds awesome....thats why i got it....my gibson although rules.....its two different animals.....as is all guitars not one guitar is the same...in feel and sound....all the guitars i have sound awesome ...all feel different and play differently...but in a really good way.....it was worth getting......brings me back to the good ol and justice for all days.....though i still want the 84 reissue gibson version....

How does the neck profile compare to the gibson's? of course they're not the same, but how similar are they?

And one other thing, this is to anyone who can answer this, but is the neck mahogany or is it maple? I've heard about maple necked explorers from that mid 80's era, and I couldn't find anywhere online that would tell me which this epi had. Thanks in advance!

How does the neck profile compare to the gibson's? of course they're not the same' date=' but how similar are they?

And one other thing, this is to anyone who can answer this, but is the neck mahogany or is it maple? I've heard about maple necked explorers from that mid 80's era, and I couldn't find anywhere online that would tell me which this epi had. Thanks in advance![/quote']

The Epi has to be mahogany. It's pretty heavy.

It was over a week ago that I played the Epi but it felt a little fatter than my Gibson.

Archived