Gibson Brands Forums

Weight relieved Les Paul

djroge1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i love mine too! [biggrin] , the standard (2008) is chambered but the gary moore signature is a fine single slab of south american mahogany...meaty beast!, cant compare the sound because there fitted with different pickups, but chambered or not...I LOVE MY LES PAULS!!!!!! [omg]

I have both a weight relieved and a chambered one. The weight relieved does have a slightly more "bottom" sound to it than the chambered. But the sound of the chambered is unique and I love it too. It's tough not to like the sound of any Les Paul. Here's some clips of both I did (the first one in each lick is the weight relieved and the second is the chambered).

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I think the issue with this thread is between: 'solid body' - 'weight relieved' - 'chambered'

These keep being thrown around interchangeably; which they are not.

Also there seems to be confusion in which model is solid/relieved/chambered.

This is a good explanation:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/50210-gibson-les-paul-101-a.html

BTW: thanks Rocketman for putting that demo together.

Are the pickups the same' date=' are the strings the same brand and gauge, are they set up the same (pickup height etc.) and what do each of them weigh?[/quote']

Yep everything is the same; I took great care to make sure of that before the test. Hmm, well I didn't weigh them (no scale in the house), but the weight relieved is definitely heavier.

No only you Are Nine. He never said he couldn't play a $1000 Gibson. Oh thanks for the shot

I'm so hurt. LOL

CW

i dont know if he is arrogant, but i read the original post the same way as R9 did. maybe i've seen too many "does anyone really like Chambered Les Pauls?" threads....and we know how those usually go.:-k

as for this cheap gibson issue, it almost sounds like you've been waiting to unload that....perhaps he's arrogant and your jealous? lol :-

i keed i keed.

play nice kiddies.

maybe i've seen too many "does anyone really like Chambered Les Pauls?" threads....and we know how those usually go.[blink]

You know I've never read a thread about the two (chambered, weight relieved etc) so I really had no idea that this is a "sore" subject for some people so "no, I don't know how those go." I do not intentionally start arguments/debates and I did not mean to with this thread. So I'm sorry if anyone's feelings were hurt as that was not my intention.

For the past few weeks I've mostly been playing my home-brew strat so when I picked up that LP at the store I was shocked at just how light it was. My question was meant exactly as I asked, "Does anyone really like" as in do you like the light weight?

Again, I've never followed the debates about non-weight relieved, weight relieved, and chambered LP.

So I'm sorry if anyone's feelings were hurt as that was not my intention.

For the past few weeks I've mostly been playing my home-brew strat so when I picked up that LP at the store I was shocked at just how light it was. My question was meant exactly as I asked' date=' "Does anyone really like" as in do you like the light weight

[/quote']

Don't worry mate,they'll get over it.[-(

I know what you mean though about the weight of the chambered LP's. If you're used to how heavy a Les Paul used to be,it does come as a bit of a shock.

But as I said previously,I absolutely love the sounds I get out of mine. Like the old saying goes - if it sounds good acoustically,you're on a winner.

Archived