Gibson Brands Forums

Advice on Pricing my acoustic guitars

cedartops

I would welcome any advice on pricing my acoustic guitars. I have three acoustics for sale on this site but I honestly don't know what a fair price would be.

J45 Rosewood (2003 or 2004) I'm the original owner

Robert Johnson L1 (2004?--I'm not sure of the year) 2nd owner

Epiphone Bluesmaster VS 1994 bought used (not sure If I'm the 2nd owner)

I have them listed at the Trading post.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

HI cedartops. This is a buyers market, and very difficult to sell in. There's not a whole lot of cash out there at the moment, unless you have something that's either (1) very inexpensive but of decent quality, or (2) a real classic in pristine condition, .or (3) your willing to trade. I have a guitar I'd like to sell but am not willing to take what I've been offered. I'd rather hold onto it and play it. So, depends on how desperate you are at the moment. Buyer's naturally would prefer that you be real desperate.

What buyer's are willing to pay just depends on a general perception of what the market sees as a good deal. The hard part is finding what that number is at any given moment. Check recent ebay sales for a feel of what the market is willing to pay for your particular guitars.

HI cedartops. This is a buyers market' date=' and very difficult to sell in. There's not a whole lot of cash out there at the moment, unless you have something that's either (1) very inexpensive but of decent quality, or (2) a real classic in pristine condition, .or (3) your willing to trade. I have a guitar I'd like to sell but am not willing to take what I've been offered. I'd rather hold onto it and play it. So, depends on how desperate you are at the moment. Buyer's naturally would prefer that you be real desperate.

What buyer's are willing to pay just depends on a general perception of what the market sees as a good deal. The hard part is finding what that number is at any given moment. Check recent ebay sales for a feel of what the market is willing to pay for your particular guitars. [/quote']

Hi sfden1. Thanks so much for your advice. I was wondering why I had zero interest in my L1. I have the L1 listed locally and I have it listed at sweetwater too (there's a photo of it at the trading post.) I haven't done anything much with the other guitars. I had the Epi on craigslist for a short time but nothing happened. I have checked ebay but you know... it IS SO RARE to see a Robert Johnson L1 on there and the same for the Epi Bluesmaster. I see J45's on ebay but the Rosewoods are not as common as the mahoganys. Shows you how naive I am... I thought all these guitars were very popular! When I bought them it never occured to me what I was getting. Especially the J45. I figured, "... Rosewood, cool. Everyone will want this one over the mahogany." Pretty naive, eh?

I guess I'm going to re-write my sellers ad and try to rethink what to ask. The guitars are nice and every bit what you might expect... though I think the J45 is a bit special.

Thanks again.

Archived