Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pbass54

98 Les Paul Special

This is for real, I have known him for years and he's a close friend of mine. He needs the money to buy another Guitar. But i'll check things out just the same. Thanks for the reply.

If he's a good friend of yours and the guitar is totally legit (and how are the frets?), then frankly don't take advantage of him. You don't have to pay "top dollar" for it but maybe the best price you can afford relative to going market price.

Tell you a story: The other guitarist in my band was renting guitars cuz he couldn't afford a mice one, and while he got to try out lots of guitars it got old pretty quick and spending all that money constantly with nothing to show for it was a real pisser. So, I sold him my '70s Ibanez Artist, a beautiful and versatile axe, for real cheap. Because I gave him such a good deal, I stipulated that when and if he decides he doesn't want it any more, I have the first right of refusal to buy it back from him at "a fair price".

You gotta help your friends man, especially when they run into hard times.

If he's a good friend of yours and the guitar is totally legit (and how are the frets?)' date=' then frankly don't take advantage of him. You don't have to pay "top dollar" for it but maybe the best price you can afford relative to going market price.

Tell you a story: The other guitarist in my band was renting guitars cuz he couldn't afford a mice one, and while he got to try out lots of guitars it got old pretty quick and spending all that money constantly with nothing to show for it was a real pisser. So, I sold him my '70s Ibanez Artist, a beautiful and versatile axe, for real cheap. Because I gave him such a good deal, I stipulated that when and if he decides he doesn't want it any more, I have the first right of refusal to buy it back from him at "a fair price".

You gotta help your friends man, especially when they run into hard times.

[/quote'] Dont worry I wouldent F##k over him for any thing. He has a boat load of Guitars and Basses, I played it and liked it he made the offer. If he ever wants it back same deal.