Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar day, sort of...

daveinspain

Hey guys, I just won an auction for a Blueshawk guitar on ebay.... I had been after one of these for a while now. It's a 1998 black with the OHSC in perfect condition. These guitars are semi hollow, very light and very versatile. I copied this for info on the guitar from an add:

Gibson introduced the Blueshawk in 1996. It is a thin (1 1/2") semi-hollowbody guitar with strings-through poplar body and bound solid maple top featuring 2 special design Blues 90 pickups with cream soap-bar covers. These were based upon Gibson's classic P-90 pickups but with Alnico magnets and non-adjustable poles. The Blueshawk has a 25.5 inch scale and a set mahogany neck with 22-fret rosewood fingerboard. The board is inlaid with pearloid diamonds and the black-faced peghead has stacked-diamond and logo inlays. Hardware is gold-plated, including Gibson Deluxe machines with keystone buttons, strap buttons, and fixed combination bridge/tailpiece. Controls are volume and tone (with push/pull to disable Varitone), slide switch, and 6-position Varitone dial. Dual f-holes complete the look. The Blueshawk enjoyed a 10-year production run and was discontinued in 2006.

I'll be picking the guitar up on my next trip to Boston beginning of January, having it shipped to my mother's house. I'll post pics when I have it....

I think I was looking at that exact guitar on Ebay myself. Congratz.

Thanks Saturn' date=' I hope I wasn't bidding against you... There were only two of us bidding for the guitar. I was surprised I won it at the price I did. Lately these have been selling for over $1000.... I got it for well under that [cool

Kool those are nice. If you want to get a 2nd one in red

their is 3 of them at Guitarcenter.com Go to the used section

and punch in gibson blueshawk.

2 are for about 1100 and 1 is 700

There is a nice Red Blueshawk on Gbase and a couple more on ebay too... I do like the red as well but one is enough for me...

Thanks Saturn' date=' I hope I wasn't bidding against you... There were only two of us bidding for the guitar. I was surprised I won it at the price I did. Lately these have been selling for over $1000.... I got it for well under that [biggrin']

No, I was only browsing, not buying. I remember the Blueshawks from the early nineties. They always got great reviews, so I was surprised when they discontinued the model.

I saw a local band about a month ago and the guy had one. He used it for open tunings and it sounded great.

Archived