Gibson Brands Forums

hamer guitars

jefleppard

I'm not well-versed in Hamers beyond my lust for a Standard and a Vector, but the American-made guitars command stupid prices in the used market - that's the ONLY reason I don't own any.

Be prepared to pay more than you think you should for any of them made in the USA....

Check Ebay for current auctions, see how they finish.

Hmm....I used to sell Hamers a few years ago. I have not seen this in the current line of their standard guitars. And to be perfectly honest, some of the standard line guitars have better options. I love the Talledegas and the Montigo Elites and they might be a tiny bit less $$$. See if the guy will come down a little.

My take is that Hamer guitars are all over the map in terms of price. I was jonesing for a Monaco Elite a couple of months ago, but wisely held off simply because I didn't have the money on hand. That said, I continued to watch the prices. Anyway, on eBay auctions, they would usually only fetch between $1,300 and $1,700. But brick-and-mortar shops keep posting them with Buy It Now prices of over two grand...and no one buys them.

thanks for that. you saved me. i started tooling around and found that these generally go between 500 and 800 dollars. i was thinking 1200 was reasonable but that was a little high. though it is a beauty - great shape for a '94. the seymour duncan p-90's are amazing.

i passed on the deal but i'm still seriously gassing for it. he confessed to me that he paid 800 for it but feels that, because of its excellent condition and age ('94) it will be a collectable one day. i offered him 1000 but he wouldn't budge. i want it but i dont want to be stupid or get piped.

Archived