Gibson Brands Forums

Hello, new here! Here's my guitar...

phil_104

Hey guys!

My name is Phil and I'm new here, obviously, lol. I am 19 years old and from Canada, been playing guitar since I was 10. I got my first les paul in 2007, after working my butt off for it, and now I plan on getting a Standard this summer, and starting a collection. Les paul guitars have always been special to me, and I hope I can learn a contribute to this forum.

Now that I have introduced myself, here's my baby. She is a 2007 LP studio vintage mahogany, that I modded for looks.

Took off all the black parts ( guard, pup rings and switch washer), and then I added some gold knobs. I also oiled up the body and worked it in there good, wich made the red explode. I'm really happy with it, and I think it looks good for a vintage mahogany. I can't wait to get a standard though.

lp3.jpg

Thanks man!

The thing I like about it, is in my opinion, it captures the true spirit of what the faded was supose to be. It has this raw, no fancy or frills look about it. But on the other hand, with the changes I made, it still has the features of a nice les paul. So you end up with this guitar that is fun to look at, but is also raw and has that old school feel to it, but at the same time, your not afraid to take it into a bar to gig with it.

It's been my workhorse since I got her, and I hope to keep her for a long time. I have to admit though, I nice goldtop or ice tea standard wouldn't look bad with the one I already have.

Rockland Ontario is right. Actually I have lived here almost all my life, attending school at Ottawa university at the moment, I'm a history major. I like Rockland, and the name sounds kinda cool. My first language is french, so sorry if my spelling is off at times.

Simple really. I just picked up a nice looking vm, one that was red-er than most, and I worked some oil into the finish. Takes some time and patience, but it's worth it. Every guitar is going to react different to the threatment though. Mine just happen to come out almost ferrari red.

Good to hear that there are some forum brothers in my region [-o<.

Archived