Gibson Brands Forums

The Trading Post

Tim Plains

Just a suggestions to the guys who run this forum - maybe impose a minimum post count before a person can create a thread down there? 100, 250, 500, whatever. Might keep away some of the riff-raff and scammers.

Speaking of The Trading Post, anybody ever buy something from a fellow forum member through that section?

Just a suggestions to the guys who run this forum - maybe impose a minimum post count before a person can create a thread down there? 100' date=' 250, 500, whatever. Might keep away some of the riff-raff and scammers.

Speaking of The Trading Post, anybody ever buy something from a fellow forum member through that section?[/quote']

Thats a great idea Are Nine.

You should PM the Customer Service on the forum.

I've deleted many posts in the Trading Post because they were simply links to ebay auctions posted by newbies. First off, it comes across as spam regardless if that was their intent or not. Second, it's not within the guidelines of buying and selling there. If you read them, they are pretty clear and actually quite stringent.

If the admin(s) of the forum want to change the rules so that a member must have a certain number of posts "under their belt" before posting in the Trading Post, I will enforce it.

Plenty of people aren't looking for a community - they just want to sell their guitar. I don't mind it. If they were coming here posting Taylors and Martins and Fenders for sale, it might be annoying, but if they come to the Gibson forum in hopes of selling a Gibson, I don't see anything wrong with it.

Stop you’re whining' date=' you’re really starting to annoy me.

[/quote']

He does have a point......

It's sorta like somebody you don't know walking into your house and pulling out a piece of chicken and a beer out of the fridge without saying hello[blink]

So as long as I say hello I can eat and drink for free?

I hate when that happens.... But in all fairness Are 9 has been a member of the forum for many YEARS.... He has been through a lot of crazy stuff and has every right to feel at home....

Hey Tim you know where the frig is.... Help yourself. [thumbup]

Archived