Gibson Brands Forums

Great new music - whatcha got?

NeoConMan

New Gov't Mule album... By A Thread - buy it. It will heal you from your recent traumatization

I freakin' love Gov't Mule. Billy Gibbons plays on the song 'Broke Down On The Brazos'. It's killer.

Currently my favorite 'new' band is Shrinebuilder. It features members from Neurosis' date=' Melvins, Om, and Wino (St. Vitus, Spirit Caravan, The Obsessed, Hidden Hand).

[YOUTUBE']

[/YOUTUBE]

Gov't Mule. Billy Gibbons plays on the song 'Broke Down On The Brazos'. It's killer.

Got it last night.

Praise be to Surfpup!

As an anecdotal side note, I worked around Houston for a dozen years.

My first job down there in the late eighties (as a crane operator) was building a bridge over the Brazos.

No kidding, on Highway 90 in the middle of Richmond, Texas.

Started listening to all the ZZ Top lyrics more closely, found a multitude of geographical references.

LaGrange, Balinese Ballroom, etc.

Those guys grew up around there (it was rural then) and created lotsa lasting memories to write from...

I bought Buy a Thread after seeing this thread. I've listened to it twice now and don't really like it. Then again, I'm not a big GM fan. They're one of those bands I'm trying to like (for some reason) but just can't warm up to them. I also have Deep End Volume 1 & Dose. Is there a quintessential album of theirs that I'm missing?

SPAM!!

Your IP finger print has 3 usernames.... Two of which that have been recent sign ups...... Your 3rd and main username will be axed if I see you signing up with another new account' date=' and your IP address will be blocked.... You know better[angry']

comprende????

I bought Buy a Thread after seeing this thread. I've listened to it twice now and don't really like it. Then again' date=' I'm not a big GM fan. They're one of those bands I'm trying to like (for some reason) but just can't warm up to them. I also have Deep End Volume 1 & Dose. Is there a quintessential album of theirs that I'm missing?[/quote']

Govt mules best albums are usually the live bootlegs that they sell on Mule tracks since they record everything and let people record also at any of Warrens shows.

My personal favorite is probably the show from the Fox Theater, Boulder, CO 2-13-05 but there all pretty damn good.

Archived