Gibson Brands Forums

WTF, why didn't I think of THAT?

Izzy

Good fun clip. Thanks for posting it.

As far as the left-hand-over-the-neck style, it's really just a variation on a pedal-steel or lap-steel position if you think about it. Especially suited to the playing of natural or artificial harmonics. Even Hendrix used it as part of his showmanship.

As far as the rhythm stuff goes then yes, it's been done many times before.

Interesting but I think underhanded playing sounds cleaner and is more accurate.... Does that mean I'm underhanded....[blink][confused]

LOL!

No; it just means that you - like the majority of pickers over the last couple of centuries of guitar-related progress - have realised that most of us have got their hands the right way 'round after all.

Hexagonal wheels, anyone?

I saw a guy on youtube I read about on another musicians and he played that style but it was very melodic and his fingerwork was incredible,I wish I had made a note of his name for he was spellbinding to watch.

-------------------------------------------------------

Izzy....

I still say the "trick" for the wrist is ensuring that the index finger and forearm are on the same plane...

m

I've actually discovered that I hold my elbow too close to my body even as I go up the fret, so yeah, my wrist bends to the side. I've been watching many guitar videos of pros and amateurs and noticed that the hand stays aligned with the forearm, so I am trying it (similar to what you're saying?) and thought its hard to keep in mind (old habits die like zombies) I can feel less strain on the wrists when the forearm FOLLOWS the hand up the fret, and doesn't just drag behind.

I did think of the blues slide guitar when I saw her, but I hadn't seen more than a couple of similar theatrical moves from artists who play underhand without the slide. It was a neat-O clip, so I posted anyways.

Overhand...guess I just haven't been exposed to all sorts of stuff, like that crazy double guitar dude o.O

If I ever saw a guy doing that on a double sided, I'd back away slowly...looks like something Mozart would have tried if he were a guitar shredder.

No offence intended here' date=' but I find these types of guitarists fun to watch for about 1 minute, then it becomes boring and tedious.[/quote']

None taken here, either. I just thought it was sort of neat-O. Not my usual, either.

There might be someone out there who can listen to that stuff all day though, and there she is, meeting that demand.

I tried it for a few minutes and...I can't do it. I'm SO surprised, NOT!!!

Bar chords make me feel manly...and my Les Paul.

I even practice The Face *pursed lips squinty eyes

None taken here' date=' either. I just thought it was sort of neat-O. Not my usual, either.

There might be someone out there who can listen to that stuff all day though, and there she is, meeting that demand.

I tried it for a few minutes and...I can't do it. I'm SO surprised, NOT!!!

Bar chords make me feel manly...and my Les Paul.

I even practice The Face *pursed lips squinty eyes[/quote']

Yeah it was good. She looks like Hilary Swank don't ya reckon?...

And that styles been around for donkeys - that bloke who played at Woodstock,sang that Freedom song...what's his name#-o ...did that back then. Good to see she's elaborated on it.

Archived