Gibson Brands Forums

New guitar, don't flame me too bad

bluzhammer

...hm... what is it? [cool]

I hear ya' date=' I was real hesitant to buy it , but after playing it for an hour or so and reaching an equitable price, I pulled the trigger on it. No regrets, plays fantastic , was setup perfectly and has some killer tones. It's an SC-250[cool']

Sorry man' date=' didn't mean to put your guitar down, but that picture hit me in the face like a bucket of cold water.

Sorry... [/quote']

Doesn't bother me a bit, beauty is in the eye of the beholder , so they say. Truthfully, I wasn't about to put another 2500 into another LP with quality issues. I own several Gibsons, and have been through several more trying to hit a quality LP as of late. A very good friend is a Luthier , and I quote " Your new off the wall LP's are not worth the price charged, only when you get into the Custom Shop, and Re-issue models are they worth the price, and it's a high price to pay." Now he highly recommends searching out the older models, if you can afford them. All that being said, I still love my Gibsons, but I believe that assembly line production and corporate greed is ruining a fine brand and American institution.

Congrats on the new guitar!!

I've anxiously been waiting FOREVER for my SC245 to arrive and the wait will finally be over this Saturday. I really hope it does not disappoint.

" Your new off the wall LP's are not worth the price charged' date=' only when you get into the Custom Shop, and Re-issue models are they worth the price, and it's a high price to pay."[/quote']

I started thinking along these lines but it's a load of crap. I own the best historics I've laid my hands on but my LP Traditional & Firebird V impress the h*ll out of me. Gibson USA does make some great guitars, you just have to find them. Same can be said for Custom Shop. I've played a few crappy CS guitars.

Archived