Gibson Brands Forums

Social network for guitar lovers goes live

Cruznolfart

Article

"Social network for guitar lovers goes live

A new online social network aimed at guitar lovers and collectors has gone live.

www.dbtwang.com aims to become the world’s largest online guitar database, where collectors and guitar lovers globally can not (only) interact, but also protect their guitars and share their history."

I think it would be pretty big. I read an article recently ranking youtube videos by suject. Not far behind funny cat videos (which) was #1, was guitar related videos. So many people post themselves playing songs on guitar or show their gear (I only did it because a lot of users asked me to). So it can't be that small of a demographic.

Hi Guys

I'm one of the founders of dbTwang, thanks for the interest in our site. It's early days for us as we only went live a couple of weeks ago so any feedback you have on it either here or left on our own feedback system is greatly appreciated.

I've been collecting for many years and so the idea for dbTwang comes from trying to find a site where I could confidentially store info on my guitars in detail, that then evolved to into putting together a database that could be used to protect my guitars if they were ever stolen and as web based social media took off the idea further developed to encompass having a bit of fun at the same time by adding the choice to share, follow and comment on others guitars.

If you feel like dropping by and saying hi you can find me and my collection here: http://www.dbtwang.com/users/5

--

Fintan

Interesting' date=' but I wonder if there's enough room for yet another social network, especially one that's for a relatively small segment of internet users. Personally, I'm doing fine with this and some other guitar forums and Facebook.[/quote']

I would have to agree, because if you figure how many people are already on forums, and facebook, they may ask themselves why join this when they already have most of the people who would be on that, would be on one of the forums.

My 2 cents

Archived