Gibson Brands Forums

I Need Some Inspiration. Help Please.

slashadler

Hey, I need some new inspiration to my music interests. Right now I listen to AC/DC, Aerosmith, Airbourne, Alice In Chains, The Answer, Boston, Black Sabbath, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Motley Crue, Ozzy Osbourne, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Rush, Slash's Snakepit, Thin Lizzy, Van Halen, Velvet Revolver, and The Who. I am looking for some new inspiration. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey' date=' I need some new inspiration to my music interests. Right now I listen to AC/DC, Aerosmith, Airbourne, Alice In Chains, The Answer, Boston, Black Sabbath, Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Motley Crue, Ozzy Osbourne, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Rush, Slash's Snakepit, Thin Lizzy, Van Halen, Velvet Revolver, and The Who. I am looking for some new inspiration. All suggestions welcome. Thanks.[/quote']

Very diverse list, but no Lynyrd Skynyrd? [cool]

Shred...

Hit the roots stuff - OLD blues, Old country, early rock... even "folk." I personally love swing from the mid 1930s into the 1950s and the older stuff came even before I was born. <grin>

I remember telling a guitar student of mine many years ago who was then touring and recording for a big label to do more "roots" type stuff with updated arrangements. Nope. She didn't. Some months later Linda Ronstadt did with exactly the same song I'd recommended and made more than a few bucks with it, I'm sure.

OTOH, Ronstad is almost as old as I am; the guitar student 9 years younger. Hmmmm.

It seems "standards" work for musicians for decades, if not centuries. Seriously. It's sad that they seem to wait until they're ... uhhhhh ... middle aged first.

m

As a guitarist (even if your screen name is Shred), you might interest and inspiration in some the early Southern Rock legends. Players such as Duane Allman and Dickie Betts of the original Allman Bros, Toy Caldwell of the Marshall Tucker Band, and Charlie Daniels and Tom Cain of the mid-seventies Charlie Daniels Band. These bands invented Southern Rock for bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd, J. Geils, Molly Hatchet and Grinderswitch to follow.

A couple of very infuential bluesmen you might want to look into:

T-Bone Walker - Every lick Chuck Berry ever played he stole from T-Bone Walker

Albert King - Stevie Ray Vaughn got very famous playing Albert King licks.

These guys?

droppedImage_3.jpg

The new Pansy Division CD That’s So Gay

www.pansydivision.com/Pansy_Division/Home.html

Don't forget to pick up their dvd;

Pansy Division: Life In A Gay Rock Band

THIS is where you spend all your 'creative' energies?

No wonder you come across as such an awkward angst-ridden teen.

Nobody called you out, I think the closet door busted off the hinges all by itself...

Shred should be offended.

As a matter of fact, I think he should report your post as 'offensive' to the Mod Squad.

Intent.

Another example of an unsupervised kiddie pissing all over a thread - not even to be funny - but to show his *** to the world and then sit back in smug amusement if anybody gets offended. Ignore it, it will only get worse.

Might as well step up and say something now.

Well, that, and I decided I would follow COC around a little and see if anything he posts is of interest.

Maybe I can add a few comments to follow up anything he posts.

Sorta returning a favor.

Gives him something to talk about in the other forums that tolerate (even encourage) his sort of humor.

Check 'em out - if you have any interest in it...

I understand your intent Mick.

But defending these kiddies doesn't sound like a good use of time.

Be cool.

Intent.

Another example of an unsupervised kiddie pissing all over a thread - not even to be funny - but to show his *** to the world and then sit back in smug amusement if anybody gets offended. Ignore it' date=' it will only get worse.

Well, that, and I decided I would follow COC around a little and see if anything he posts is of interest.

Sorta returning a favor.

Gives him something to talk about in the other forums that tolerate (even encourage) his sort of humor.

[b']But defending these kiddies doesn't sound like a good use of time[/b].

Be cool.

Yes we should all play our geetars.

Intent.

Another example of an unsupervised kiddie pissing all over a thread - not even to be funny - but to show his *** to the world and then sit back in smug amusement if anybody gets offended. Ignore it' date=' it will only get worse.

Sorta returning a favor.

But defending these kiddies doesn't sound like a good use of time.

Be cool.[/quote']

Neo. It's just a band. I'd tell you to calm down, but we all know you don't take that well.

Siding with the kiddies, eh Mick?

I know you're no fan of mine <sniffle....> but defending the Kindergartners...?

Nevermind.

Carry on.

Neo. It's just a band. I'd tell you to calm down' date=' but we all know you don't take that well.[/quote']

COC. It's not just a band.

It's you pulling your same old sh!t and then running over to the other forums to yuk it up.

I'd tell you to stop posting inflammatory, insulting, trolling bullsh!t, but we all know you don't take that well.

Archived