Gibson Brands Forums

Jake E Lee

deepblue

I was driving home last night and Ozzys "Bark At The Moon" came on the radio.

Turned it up and enjoyed...Jake E Lees solo has always been a favourite of mine.

Does anyone know what effect Jake is using for the solo?...To my ears its like a Flanger but not

quite.

I thought the record company and Jake E Lee had a beef about royalty payments. So the record company had someone come in and redo the guitar and bass parts on that album so as not to hassle with having to pay the guys who did that album.

Maybe it's just a rumor, but it was a weird rumor non the less.

I thought the record company and Jake E Lee had a beef about royalty payments. So the record company had someone come in and redo the guitar and bass parts on that album so as not to hassle with having to pay the guys who did that album.

Maybe it's just a rumor' date=' but it was a weird rumor non the less.[/quote']

That was Sharon.

Bark At The Moon '84 Tour

Marshall JCM800 2203

Modified Fender Strat (modded by friend at Charvel, hence the logo)

Boss OD-1

Boss BF-2

Charvel Holdsworth Strat (daphne blue with black scratchplate)

Charvel Holdsworth Strat (red with mirror scratchplate)

Maybe it's just a rumor' date=' but it was a weird rumor non the less.[/quote']

Sharon at work like AXE says BUT this does not involve Jake E Lee.

It is the drums and bass for the first 2 Ozzy solo albums, that were "remastered", actually if you see the reviews on Amazon.com you will see just how pissed fans are about this.

They asked Jake E Lee about this on an interview and he was not aware, then when they asked him his opinion he did not want to comment much, he did say he did not want the same to happen to his records with Ozzy although replacing a guitar player in the mix is much more difficult.

hahaha check out ozzy...he dont even know what day it is! [blink][cool]#-o

Wow, no kidding. You made me watch the vid and indeed, he does look lost.

I own an original shirt from that concert and it always gets the cool guys to stare.

I collect OLD rock concert Ts :)

I love the guitaring in that song. Come to think of it, and I my boyfriend would probably shake his head at this, I prefer Ozzy after Sabath, with the exception of a couple of songs. I KNOW its so wrong. I wish I could tell my brain what to like sometimes!!!

I've had the pleasure of meeting Greg Chaisson who played bass for him in Badlands.

Lives here in Phoenix' date=' good friends with the guys at Bizarre Guitar.

Still a working musician.

Badlands is great stuff, get it if you can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badlands_(American_band)[/quote']

Huge +1 from me Neo.[cool]

Badlands are one of my fave bands from the arse end of the '80's. A diamond in a river of sh*t.

The only effects I know that Jake uses is a distortion +,whammy into his custom jcm800's. There's a good up to date equipment info site around somewhere,but I couldn't be bothered finding it at the mo.

Phenomenal guitarist. Ray Gillan was a terrific singer and before Eric Singer jumped the shark he was a "drummer" per se who came to prominence in Badlands - just check out their self titled first album. Brilliant.

Archived