Gibson Brands Forums

Is this Gibson LP fake?

infinityfr

I have a telecaster, finding a right strat for me, and a LP, but I have come across this, and the bid seems like it will not increase more than 400 bucks, which would be great to pay for a gibson, however, I'm not a good at identifying Gibson's, but for me it seems fake, because of the headstock, while the body and truss rod cover seem perfectly fine, I dont know what to think about, If you can help me please answer.

The link for the guitar is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Signature-LPS-Brown-Guitar-BurstBucker_W0QQitemZ200416419293QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2ea9bfdddd#ht_12542wt_1165

I say it's real and a studio but some ****** sanded the finish and that must have taken care of the gibson logo (painted not inlaid).

Why?

Back of the headstock (winglets).

Cavities.

Wire.

Control plate (inside the cavity).

I think it's a cheap model, maybe a studio, that has been un-finished [biggrin]

It looks like some kind of LP studio that has had the finish totally buggered on it.

I say it's real and a studio but some ****** sanded the finish and that must have taken care of the gibson logo (painted not inlaid). I think it's a cheap model' date=' maybe a studio' date=' that has been un-finished [lol'']

+1

I might be able to see it if the end result looked real good. But geez, what was this guy thinking? :-

Archived