Gibson Brands Forums

Tryin' to stay above it...

Thundergod

...I think it's time for you to let go... what anyone says in another forum' date=' most of the time in a jokingly mood, is not to be taken seriously and is not suposed to get you in some weird crusade to fight "the evil one". I chose to be friends with whoever I want to, that doesn't mean I cannot be friends with you guys. But, if you continue doing what you are doing, you'll no longer be considered friends, and you'll find I'm a very unpleasant **** to deal with..[/quote']

Maybe you need to stop and think about that one TG. The folks that are having a hard time letting go are in your social group, and that would be cool, if you guys weren't stirring the pot over here and then laughing it up in your group over there. I don't care about who your friends are. But where I come from friends don't talk about each other like you and your group do. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks it's f'd up. So be it.

...If you go there you'll see all them "troublemakers and trolls" are talking about lots of stuff without offending anyone and when there's something offensive posted it is posted as a joke and guess what? Everyone knows it and everyone jumps in for a laugh... and it's cool. There are lots of different people in there' date=' and they all have different opinions but noone disrespects anyone and there is no drama. Maybe that's what's got KSG so pissed off: that all the guys he calls trolls and troublemakers are there (with some more guys that even he has to admit are the coolest[cool'] ) and there's no trouble.

Of course there's no trouble there TG, you all pretty much agree with each other on most matters. The only drama over here came when someone disagreed about politics, religion or other hot button issues. That's why those discussions were not allowed over here and were discontinued. The disrespect over here came about from the constant arguing and bickering and the troll posts. It went on for months until Gibson decided they'd had enough. ALMOST everyone was able to quit, change their behavior and move on. The ones who couldn't quit were banned.

I'm not pissed about your group or what goes on there, although I do find it very strange and abnormal. That's just my opinion, I know it's not shared by everyone. I don't care what you and your friends do amongst yourselves. I prefer to have my discussions out in the open, in a regular forum, open to everyone regardless of their opinions, beliefs, friendships, nationality or affiliation. I'm able to survive in public. and I'm able to follow the rules and I don't get banned. I put my thoughts and opinions out in public and live with whatever happens. I have one login/screenname and I am who I am, that's how I roll.

Having homz direct CoC as to what posts from the past to dredge up and bump over here seems f'd up to me. That's just weird. What was the purpose? Why is that funny to you folks? This is a guitar forum, we were asked to follow the rules, it seems so simple to me. Don't mention my name again, leave me out of your drama and I'll offer you the same courtesy. Enjoy your friends and your time together.

This drama was NEVER about having memberships in multiple forums, and you know that. This drama is the continuation of the drama that went on here for months. I don't think anybody cares about how many, or what forums people belong to. If you want to let it go, and move on. Then do it, and let everyone else do so as well. [crying]

That's all I have to say about that.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have anything against any of you. I actually like Neo' date=' Murph and [b']KSG[/b], and share their points of view in a lot of stuff (ok maybe not in guitar related stuff!).

By the way, I include Neo in there as some seem to think of him as some kind of leader of some imaginary group, and some seem to believe if someone is at MLP they have to hate Neo... nothing farther from the truth, I consider him a cool guy that knows his stuff wether its about guitars, guns or politics, and also one of the members that make this forum what it is. Of course I've had some discussions with him but that's completely normal, isn't it? We can't always agree in everything

I also invited him to my MLP group but it seems he didn't like the idea

TG,

Appreciate the invite.

Been busy, which explains my absence here but for the last two days.

Lurked a little "over there" but didn't have time to read enough so I could see what was going on.

The drama created by them who shall remain nameless isn't my cup of tea, and believe it or not I feel it's a matter of respect to let them whip out their little weiners and piss all over each other while yukking it up and laughing at everybody else - completely without my interference.

Let 'em go...

Maybe the precedent would have been noticed, but there's just no reaching some people.

Either they are held captive by the little voices in their chemically-addled head, or directed by somebody who is.

Oh, what some young people will do for either acceptance, or the smug feeling that they got over on someone.

I don't have to detail the number of posts made, then altered or deleted so they could innocently ask "What...?"

As far as being leader of any sort of group, that has NEVER been my modus operandi.

I can count the number of PM's exchanged between myself and Murph or KSG on one hand.

We agree on many things, without the need for collusion or comparing notes on anybody.

In other words, what you see in the open forum is what you get.

There's no conspiracy with any involvement from me.

My position is, was and always will be that I am right.

If I don't know something, I don't post.

If I'm not sure, I'll plainly say so.

If I don't care, you'll know that too.

My credo is that it's fine for anybody to disagree with me.

But if they seriously want to take me to task, they better be able to explain where I'm wrong.

As you stated, people can respect those they disagree with if they realize their foe knows his sh!t.

I have always felt that way, I will always give credit where I feel it's due even if I disagree with somebody.

If things take a personal turn out of malice or some other dark motive, then I take the gloves off.

I expect nothing less out of any stranger I meet here or on the street.

As time allows, I drift in and out of other forums.

Don't think I did not appreciate the invite, though I was a little surprised.

I've said more than enough here.

I'm sure there no further questions concerning my feelings on the matter.

Be cool everybody.

And have a Merry Christmas.

Did Matt (Sear) leave?

I think I saw something up of him jamming with people from the forum.

I'm sure you saw it already but I too thought he was gone :-

Then I saw that and was like, yay.

TG, pretty guitar. The gold hardware on blue is pimp.

Can I say pimp? I mean it in a good way :-

I have a theory that if the 'pooping a kitty out' comment had been made by someone who shall remain nameless it would have been received differently and gotten some people WAY upset, but because it was not nameless it was cool.

Is my hypothesis even testable? Maybe I'm out of my mind, just a thought.

I think I saw something up of him jamming with people from the forum.

I'm sure you saw it already but I too thought he was gone :-

Then I saw that and was like' date=' yay.[/quote']

Ditto that.

TG' date=' pretty guitar. The gold hardware on blue is pimp.

Can I say pimp? I mean it in a good way :- [/quote']

Two for two. Blue/gold is elegant...pimp...whatever. :-

I have a theory that if the 'pooping a kitty out' comment had been made by someone who shall remain nameless it would have been received differently and gotten some people WAY upset' date=' but because it was not nameless it was cool.

Is my hypothesis even testable? Maybe I'm out of my mind, just a thought.

[/quote']

It's always interesting how differently different minds work. It might have never occurred to me to wonder about this. But, now that you bring it up, my thoughts are that if the one person stated he had pooped a kitty it would be gospel and, thus, above reproach. Whereas the same statement made by the other unnamed party would be untrue because he's not old enough to have done any such thing. But you have to be really old like me to figure these things out so quickly. :-

Having homz direct CoC as to what posts from the past to dredge up and bump over here seems f'd up to me. That's just weird. What was the purpose? Why is that funny to you folks? This is a guitar forum' date=' we were asked to follow the rules, it seems so simple to me. Don't mention my name again, leave me out of your drama and I'll offer you the same courtesy. Enjoy your friends and your time together.

[/quote']

I might as well clear this up in the whole forum. Bumping the thread was childish. I regret doing it. Say what you want about me, but leave Homz out. He mentioned it, but he didn't do anything. It was my actions, and yes, I did it because I thought it was funny. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but I understand that some people need every bit of ammunition they can get. I am admitting my mistake. Let's just all forget about it, it's no harm done.

So if you will all accept my apologies for bumping the thread, I'd appreciate it. Like I said, it's in the past, and I won't bring it up again. KSG, you've never called me out (except for now), and I've done the same for you. If you don't want to be involved, you won't be.

So now we're done with this. If anyone really feels the need to fight with me, please do it in a PM.

Neo, KSG, and Murph are the reason I have become so scarce on this forum. They talk the (guitar) talk, but in the end, they're here to piss people off under the radar. Anyone who laughs hysterically at any point a person makes (Neo), or who thinks a Civil War is necessary (the war; not the great GNR song), or who just wants to crawl into the woods and die before accepting government-run health care system (Murph) obviously has issues beyond what wax to use on their SG...which at least one of them can't really play.

I was here before all this bullshit as of lately. I'm having a hard time understanding why people get so wound up over things and opinions posted in a forum on the internet.

It takes two to tango. If you don't want to take a bait that has been put out there by someone who must be extremely bored, well the bait kinda falls off the hook. Or something. You get my drift.

I think people needs to turn off their damn computers once in a while and get out in the "real" world.

By the way, this is not directed towards TG, even though I think he's been a part of the mess also...

I think a lot of people here, both in the Homz-period and on and off afterwards tend to take things way too personal. This is a goddamn website. Nothing more. Get real.

Please.

As far as being leader of any sort of group' date=' that has NEVER been my modus operandi.

[/quote']

I know... but as I said, there are people that seem to think there's a Neo acolites thing or something [lol]

So you've been bussy? That reminds me of a movie about a boy that just wants a gun for christmass [smile] (being that season and being that you are a weapons delaer).

Anyone who laughs hysterically at any point a person makes (Neo)' date=' or who thinks a Civil War is necessary (the war; not the great GNR song), or who just wants to crawl into the woods and die before accepting government-run health care system (Murph) obviously has issues beyond what wax to use on their SG...which at least one of them can't really play. [/quote']

?

I can play mine......

And I'd rather die than ask somebody else to pay for my healthcare.

Which also means I'd rather YOU die, than pay for yours.

Just sayin'.

I don't have anything against any of you. I actually like Neo' date=' Murph and [b']KSG[/b], and share their points of view in a lot of stuff. But most of all I like it when oilpit tells me how crappy EMGs are, and they have no place in any guitar, much less a baddass custom tele.

:-k

I love you too buddy [blush]

I didn't really poop a kitten.

It was a metaphorical kind of statement to deflect bad karma away from the the spirits of goodwill and harmonious well being.

Kinda like a gift. For everyone.

Sorry if reading between my lines is difficult at times. It's my burden to bear and it weighs heavily on my mind and heart.

Merry Christmas!!!

Archived