Gibson Brands Forums

New 339--First Gibson

upstate31

Just received my new es-339 w/ 30/60 neck and Vint. Sunburst finish. This is my first Gibson and I'm very pleased. Actually, I am blown away...what an awesome guitar. I am a small guy with small hands and th 30/60 neck is the best feeling neck I have played on. I wondered if anyone had any thoughts about the strings. What do the guys on here think about Gibson strings vs others?

Thanks for all the recommendations! The more I play it, the more I'm loving the 339. I have used elixers strings in the past. But, I am growing dissasitisfied with those. I've really liked the Gibson strings that came w/ the 339. I've loved reading all the posts in here...you guys helped make my decision to go with this guitar. I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for all the recommendations! The more I play it' date=' the more I'm loving the 339. I have used elixers strings in the past. But, I am growing dissasitisfied with those. I've really liked the Gibson strings that came w/ the 339. [b']I've loved reading all the posts in here...you guys helped make my decision to go with this guitar.[/b] I'll post some pics as soon as I get a chance.

Heh, I feel the same way about my 339...I might've never checked it out if it hadn't been for this forum.

Congrats, and look forward to the pics! :-)

As for strings I am a die-hard Elixer guy, but that's more out of necessity as I sweat acid. I will say that I find them very bright with the 339, and may experiment with some different brands just out of "tonal curiosity"...

Archived