Gibson Brands Forums

Super stupid question

jnastynebr

I have learned that this is the place to come with dumb questions, so here it is:

Leant my lester to pops to do some recoring for a few weeks. As a super nice thank you, he took off the strings, polished the body and neck, oiled the fretboard and shined all of the hardware. Unfortunately, he did not have my gage of strings, so it sat for about a week in the case with no strings or tention on the neck. I got it back, but am worried about ruining the set up while re- stringing.

Is there anything that I need to worry about? Am I being overly cautious?

Scientific and engineering theorys do not lie. Put the same strings back on it that were taken off, and the neck, action, intonation and everything else will be right back where it was, period. It doesn't take "days" to settle in, it won't need "tweaking " later, it's basic engineering principles:

"For very action, there is an opposite and equal reaction", meaning that force (tension) of the strings pulling the neck forward are equaled by the force of the truss rod pulling the neck backwards. The only thing that could change your setup would be "fatigue". Nothing on your guitar has fatigued in a week, that normally takes years, like maybe 100.

String it up, play it, and enjoy it.

Scientific and engineering theorys do not lie. Put the same strings back on it that were taken off' date=' and the neck, action, intonation and everything else will be right back where it was, period. It doesn't take "days" to settle in, it won't need "tweaking " later, it's basic engineering principles:

"For very action, there is an opposite and equal reaction", meaning that force (tension) of the strings pulling the neck forward are equaled by the force of the truss rod pulling the neck backwards. The only thing that could change your setup would be "fatigue". Nothing on your guitar has fatigued in a week, that normally takes years, like maybe 100.

String it up, play it, and enjoy it.[/quote']

as above [confused]

Archived