Gibson Brands Forums

Nick at Nite

duane v

For me it has that dash of Bon Jovi/Bryan Adams.... Plus the kid can perform' date=' and whether you like him or not, you can't take that away from him.... He's very polished.[/quote']

Wait a minute... You are serious? That was a polished performance? Wait until AXE® hears about this....[biggrin]

Wait a minute... You are serious? That was a polished performance? Wait until AXE® hears about this....[blink]

LOL[biggrin]

Well he sounds better than Tom Petty live that's for sure... (second worst concert I've ever attended)[biggrin]

Whatever the case I just purchased two tickets for my daughter and whatever friend she wants to take for Christmas..... $200 a pop[confused] ..... For anyone that's interested he's playing at the The Wiltern in Los Angeles on Jan 29...LOL

LOL[biggrin]

Well he sounds better than Tom Petty live that's for sure... (second worst concert I've ever attended)[crying]

Whatever the case I just purchased two tickets for my daughter and whatever friend she wants to take for Christmas..... $200 a pop[confused] ..... For anyone that's interested he's playing at the The Wiltern in Los Angeles on Jan 29...LOL

Yeah! I figure a bunch of us will be there! :^o

DV I agree with you. I helped some of the kids I mentor in the area learn

some songs from the movie. They all play and perform very well and all

those screaming fans at the concerts can't be wrong. Nick was playing

Keys, Guitar, and Drums I wonder how many here can do the same?

CW

Not me. I'll give credit where credit is due; I play guitar and can bang around a little bit on the drums but that's about where it ends.

The Disney acts have the same tough time as those on American Idol in that, no matter how good they may be, they're always going to be viewed as being handed their careers. What we never seem to hear about is all the hard work and dedication they must have put in to even get to those points - a big outfit like Disney isn't going to just spend a bunch of money promoting someone who sucks and no amount of money spent on grooming is ever going to polish a turd so there must be something there to begin with.

IMO, the prime example of a pop star who gets a bad rap is Christina Aguilera. I never paid any attention to her until I heard her sing "Beautiful" acapella on Saturday Night Live and I was just floored. Whoever produced her early material and slathered overproduction all over her vocals should be hung and quartered because that woman has an amazing voice that needs absolutely no help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZHeBVPVv7U

It was me with the I Heart Nick sign.:-s

Honestly,if you didn't know who it was performing, a blind test if you will.

Or even one of us, he would have gotten more praise.

It's a little too poppy for my taste but overall it wasn't a bad performance.

*** Stars.

Archived