Gibson Brands Forums

My kid spreading some Holiday cheer...

SGdad

I forced my son to come up with a Christmas song to play so I could send it out to friends and family as a little e-mail Holiday cheer and thought I'd post it here. He really didn't like wearing the Santa hat!

Please be kind, he's only been playing for about 1 1/2 years and wasn't to "into it" since I forced him. I was pretty impressed, because this was filmed less than an hour after I "tasked" him with coming up with a song. I thought he'd have to dig up some tabs or something, but he chose to just figure out something quick and easy to get it over with and shut the old man up...

Good job!! If he sticks with it he will be a great player... He's the right age and has the talent. He needs a Les Paul and a Marshall though. [blink] Merry Christmas...

I'll PM you my address and you can send the LP and amp right on over... [wink]:-k

Thanks for all the kind words. He is now wishing he would have spent a little more time at it and "put more into it", but I remember how it is when Dad is asking you to do stuff...

He says he is going to make it a yearly Christmas thing to come up with a song and says next year will be "totally" better.

Archived