Gibson Brands Forums

A moment of silence........

onewilyfool

I have just sold my Gibson L-4CES.......It was a good friend, but I just wasn't playing it much. Still, it was such a beautiful guitar, and I miss her. There is always a void when one goes........good thing though, it went to a very good home and the guy who bought it, the guitar REALLY suits his style of play, so it went to a good home.....sigh.....I know some of you will understand.....

Not that this is going to make yo feel any better but some of the worst mistakes I ever made were selling guitars.

But like you, even though I was fond of this or that guitar, for whatever reason they were not getting played and there were folks I knew who wanted them and would play the heck out of them. Generally though, whatever I got for one guitar went into another.

I've never sold a guitar in my life that I didn't have sellers remourse over my decision at some point .(This is natural)

We do get attached to these darn things regardless of what we end up doing with them.

Don't kick yourself over it just keep on pickin' and grinnin'.As long as you feel confident that your decision to sell was a sound and rational one don't second guess yourself.

So many guitars....So little time[crying]

I have just sold my Gibson L-4CES.......It was a good friend' date=' but I just wasn't playing it much. Still, it was such a beautiful guitar, and I miss her. There is always a void when one goes........good thing though, it went to a very good home and the guy who bought it, the guitar REALLY suits his style of play, so it went to a good home.....sigh.....I know some of you will understand.....[/quote']

Wily!!!

You swine!!!!

I really coveted that guitar!!

http://forums.gibson.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=11639

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:42:15 AM Edit Delete Quote

onewilyfool wrote:

JohnT.......that L-4 is still in my stable....and Node is goading me into actually recording....which I will do soon....then you can REALLY laugh.....lol....I just got this guitar in partial trade and was going to fix it and sell it....but after hearing it.....I just can't let it go......damn.....this THING (GAS) will not let me go!!!!!!! lol

Johnt replied

You stay true to yourself Wily and don'yt you let that L4 go without telling me!

Now exiting forum to sulk for a while!!!

Happy Christmas/

Wily!!!

You swine!!!!

Tuesday' date=' January 13, 2009 1:42:15 AM Edit Delete Quote

onewilyfool wrote:

[i']

JohnT.......that L-4 is still in my stable....and Node is goading me into actually recording....which I will do soon....then you can REALLY laugh.....lol....I just got this guitar in partial trade and was going to fix it and sell it....but after hearing it.....I just can't let it go......damn.....this THING (GAS) will not let me go!!!!!!! lol[/i]

Johnt replied

You stay true to yourself Wily and don'yt you let that L4 go without telling me![/col

Happy Christmas/

Nice goin Wiley !!!! :^o :^o :^o

John.....I know....IF you were coming to California, I would have kept it for you, it's just that shipping to England would have cost as much as the guitar......lol.....and I would have been VERY shy about shipping that beauty that distance. I've had a couple of bad experience with UPS, USPS, and Fedex......so I wanted to sell locally. I hope you understand. Please forgive me for not notifying you, I just didn't see a way. There will be others....take care, friend....Wily

Wily!!!

You swine!!!!

Tuesday' date=' January 13, 2009 1:42:15 AM Edit Delete Quote

onewilyfool wrote:

[i']

JohnT.......that L-4 is still in my stable....and Node is goading me into actually recording....which I will do soon....then you can REALLY laugh.....lol....I just got this guitar in partial trade and was going to fix it and sell it....but after hearing it.....I just can't let it go......damn.....this THING (GAS) will not let me go!!!!!!! lol[/i]

Johnt replied

You stay true to yourself Wily and don'yt you let that L4 go without telling me!

Happy Christmas/

Archived