Gibson Brands Forums

Honeymoon period

Tim Plains

Surfpup... you wrote...

"Except you can't just put new pickups in the wife when you've tired of her sound! d'oh!"

Yeah, but you can buy new hips and knees and stuff...

Believe me... getting older ain't for wimps.

Personally, I'm awfully lucky in my own genetics, but...

m

I still get giddy with all of my babies on a regular basis; like they were new born again[biggrin] . I get the old Gibson polish out and an old yellow duster and start cleaning what ever one caught my fancy that day. I love love each one of them the same.

Often before I go to bed, I peer in the music room and see them all sitting there and I just think "wow I am lucky to have this bunch!"

Matt

Of the Strats I've owned all lasted two or three years except for the very first one I bought. That one I kept for getting on 25 years. Made on the 2nd January 1964. Loved it far too much. I bought all the others in the hope that I'd find another just like it but, of course, they were all a big let-down.

I had a bound-body Tele Deluxe in about '84. Didn't last a year. Beautiful instrument. Gorgeous three-colour sunburst. Just didn't 'do it' for me.

Almost everything else has gone as being superflous to my needs. I've kept my first ever guitar but only out of sentiment.

As I've posted many times before (yes; I know. I'm sorry) I spent a good long time in the search for my 'Ideal' guitar and, having finally found it, know I will never replace it.

Archived